• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Beth262

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2014
Hi,

My husband and I are empty nesters living in Blue Mountain Beach. Our last rescue dog died Oct 2018 from old age ailments at probably age 14/15. We had him for 8 years. He was believed to have been a Lhasa apso. Our son is allergic to cats and shedding dogs which was why he was the perfect rescue dog for our family. He’s in college now but still returns home for visits.

I’ve been searching for low shedding dog, no particular size or gender. Our preference would be a dog under the age of 5. We live right at the beach on a coastal dune lake and we have a pool that’s fenced in. We will have a ton of time to spend with our new family member and he will be an only child. I’ve had difficulty finding a low shedding rescue at the local shelters and have just become a volunteer at Alaqua Animal Refuge just to be able to be around animals and try and help a wonderful organization in our community.

If you come across a dog that needs to be rehomed and you think that we may be a fit, please let me know. Thanks!
bethmccurdy69@comcast.net

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

Beth262

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2014
Please consider checking the the Walton County Animal Shelter. They have alot of dogs that would love to be in a home like yours.
Thanks, I’ve been looking on Petfinder only and had no luck. Anytime a nonshedding adult dog is posted on petfinder, they get adopted so quickly. I thought I had a chance with the last one in Panama City and when I arrived promptly when they opened, he had already been chosen immediately after arriving the day before.

Beth262

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2014
Good luck @Beth262

Hope you find your pup at Alaqua while you are volunteering there
Thanks so much! I know that I could easily buy a lowshedding puppy (labradoodle, poodle, Maltese, etc)but I need to be patient and go the rescue route. Since my son’s in college, maybe I can at least help by fostering (a shedding breed) and work at the refuge.