• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
New routes:
  1. Boston, Massachusetts via Logan International Airport (BOS) – beginning May 14, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $33.*
  2. Dayton, Ohio via Dayton International Airport (DAY) – beginning May 14, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $55.*
  3. Houston, Texas via William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) – beginning June 5, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $33.*
  4. Chicago, Illinois via Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW) – beginning June 5, 2020 with one-way fares as low as $33.*
  5. Hudson Valley, New York via New York Stewart International Airport (SWF) – beginning May 21, 2020 with fares as low as $55.*

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Normal fares will still be reasonable imo. The appeal is most definitely the direct flight. Direct always trumps upgraded service at least on shortish flights. Newark in 2.5 hours vs. an hour, nebulous time layover, and essentially them same length flight again.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Do you live in Austin? I found plenty of value in a Friday to Monday trip last year, of course I flew from here to Austin not the reverse. I find myself more appreciative of the fact that I myself can fly elsewhere and less concerned with those who are flying in from elsewhere.

m1a1mg

Beach Fanatic
Mar 16, 2014
Lost in the world
Do you live in Austin? I found plenty of value in a Friday to Monday trip last year, of course I flew from here to Austin not the reverse. I find myself more appreciative of the fact that I myself can fly elsewhere and less concerned with those who are flying in from elsewhere.

I don’t begrudge you any of that, but I can’t imagine there is enough demand for Destin to Austin as there would be for Austin to Destin on Saturday.