• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
JEANNE said:
I have a house in old Grayton. I'm in Tallahassee and sitting in my living room wondering how everyone is doing? Anyone out there? What's happening? I'm thinking about all the locals and hoping for the best! Take care and be safe. Jeanne
Nothing happening yet, other than what has been described on the other thread. High seas in the Gulf and Bay, streaks of wind close to 35-40mph (guess) followed by an occassional lull. Slight rain is constant, enough to mess up my camera. Skies are overcast without variation throughout the entire sky. My couch is sitting nicely, and the V8 is going down nicely. The power lines are shaking a bit, and trees are likely to be toppling over when the weather picks up. Right now, some are standing still while others are dancing in the wind streaks. Really not much to report at this time. I have grown tired of my state of high anxiety, and instead, have decided to relax and let it flow.

In the Sand

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Columbus,GA
Are you still there Joe? We are praying for you and everyone else in the area. We are watching the tv and the internet with our hearts in our throats. Just left our place in Seagrove yesterday after enjoying one of the best Fourth of July's of our lives. It was incredibly beautiful.

bluemtgypsy

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Hi,

I am in Blue Mt. Beach.... on a bluff... rain is starting , wind is increasing....

we are listening to 107.1 fm.... seaside's only radio station..... great music , programing and hurrican coverage..... if you are out of area... log onto 30aradio.org....... great tv covergae broought to you by the radio station.... they have keep inclose contact with Cnn tv in Pensacola....
it should hit Pensa/Mobile in 2 hours........

check out web site for photos taken today..... it's a ghost town around here.... how's it going where you are...?
Awren

bluemtgypsy

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Hi,
we still have power and cable.... I'm a half mile from Basmatis and around the corner from Sally's and the heath food store.....off 30a .... . looks like the eye will be coming across within one hour....... still rainy..... where are you....
Awren- gypsy

JEANNE

Beach Comber
In Tallahassee, We are having a great deal of rain and wind. Trees and debris are on the roads and the gusts are up to 40MPH. This should be about all we will see here I think. I'm much more concerned about you guys at the beach. It just made landfall at Gulf Breeze. Be safe! Jeanne