• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Nope. Seering was supposed to be upstairs, but he backed out before opening. Trebeache was one owner - same owner as Redfish Taco / Stinky's. First Note was a fail from the start - had some good music but people shushed you when you were having a low conversation.

In my opinion with phones nowadays a good place can be anywhere and people will find you. Redfish Taco is great and has an amazing bar it is centered around. There's just not enough people out at night and even in Summer it's mostly families. A family style mexican like a million others in America would do well there. Centered around the same old menu instead of tequila and fancy tacos. A second Stinky's location might work also, sharing labor and food stock.
Stinky’s over flow space....bus transfers

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We went to the place when it was Seering's piano bar. Piano shaped dessert. Nicely done. Is Lee's still owned by the Perfect Pig owner? He had an office in Seaside years ago and was the chaplain at the chapel. They moved to the Gulf Place area church, then I lost track of his ministry. Seering was part of the music. He also closed his Seaside office. (I worked with 2 of his Lee's employees in Louisville at KFC HQ. They still live in the 30A area.)
Ellen

We tried Red Fish Taco once. The tacos were so-so. The salsa and the queso were bland. The bartender seemed to have no memory. He asked for our drink order and turned around and asked us again. Same for our dinner orders. He wasn't friendly, never smiled at anyone. You know, it's just oppressively dark in there, even when the sun is shining brightly outside in the summer. It won't make it unless they move the bar where the stage was, put in some windows where the bar is now, and make it a happy place. And redo the recipes.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
Saw a for sale sign on the door yesterday...too bad, we have enjoyed our meals there.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
This site is a place where the good restaurants go to die.... County will not let owners clear Ugly scrub bushes on 30A and Highway 83 to open up visibility.......

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
This site is a place where the good restaurants go to die.... County will not let owners clear Ugly scrub bushes on 30A and Highway 83 to open up visibility.......
It is this attitude that is ruining our community. That has ruined most of Florida. There is no ugly scrub in SoWal. Every plant is precious. Do you think we need to get rid of the ugly dunes? The ugly lakes?

We have way too much clearing and destruction of our environment. A good restaurant can thrive almost anywhere these days in the age of phones and online reviews.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I miss Redfish Taco. And the Wells Fargo. Anybody heard any future plans for that location?

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I miss Redfish Taco. And the Wells Fargo. Anybody heard any future plans for that location?
If it is not leased out then Redfish Taco will re-open for Spring Break. It is a cool place with topnotch food and service. The owners got spread a little thin to Auburn and Baton Rouge so it has been a tough go. That building is a tough nut with a huge upstairs space. If there is a problem with the location that is it. SoWal not quite ready for a live music ballroom and the competition for indoor event space is fierce with the local resorts.

The upstairs would make a good office space if anyone is interested.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Some SOWAL-er’s would prefer tearing them
( buildings) down and planting new shrubs ... GreenFolks...