• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Hi $125 to $150
About a 90% discount. Not sure the owners would consider that low but a season pass for locals is a good idea.. Since trolleys have been tried and failed surely the long term plan has to be some kind of sponsorships(s) and/or public funding. If public funding is hoped for then a low-cost pass for locals should be a part of the proposal.

Lesley Tarrance

Beach Comber
May 5, 2017
texas
About a 90% discount. Not sure the owners would consider that low but a season pass for locals is a good idea.. Since trolleys have been tried and failed surely the long term plan has to be some kind of sponsorships(s) and/or public funding. If public funding is hoped for then a low-cost pass for locals should be a part of the proposal.
Love the idea of the trolley I would support and I believe a lot of locals would also if it is reasonably priced , parking is a nightmare if trolley it is made convenient and affordable it’s a win win

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach

Since it only serves 30a, public funding should be out of the question. I don't live on 30a so not interested in helping pay for it. Thanks but no.

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Public transportation is not, and should not be, all or nothing.

This is mass transit not public transportation. It serves a very finite group in the private sector on one road. I equate it with public subsidized Uber or taxi service to and from the bar. I am supportive of the public transportation for the workforce from the north end to south end; that affects a much wider group. I do wish the trolley success as a privately run and privately funded business that could potentially have a positive impact on 30a.

debesquire

Beach Lover
Aug 15, 2010
Since it only serves 30a, public funding should be out of the question. I don't live on 30a so not interested in helping pay for it. Thanks but no.

This statement is, shall I say, not only “unneighborly” but also reflects a lack of recognition of the importance and benefit to ALL of Walton County of a viable, thriving 30A. 30a is, in addition to many other positive and unique things, the “cash cow” of the county that should be well- tended and maintained- not allowed to suffocate by those who benefit from it even though they don’t see it every day.

Last edited:

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
This is mass transit not public transportation. It serves a very finite group in the private sector on one road. I equate it with public subsidized Uber or taxi service to and from the bar. I am supportive of the public transportation for the workforce from the north end to south end; that affects a much wider group. I do wish the trolley success as a privately run and privately funded business that could potentially have a positive impact on 30a.
Buses from Defuniak Springs to SoWal and back as a priority might be a good argument. I believe that is in the works. However if we use your logic then the businesses should pay for it because they need the labor. The trolley serves tourists (and locals), and reduces congestion and pollution. Or it is intended to.

Eventually I think we'll have parking lots/garages on 98 and feeder roads with small, autonomous, electric trams running in loops all over SoWal mostly be used by workers and tens of thousands of locals that will be moving to subdivisions and apartments from 30A to north of I-10. Daily and weekly overflow paid parking by tourists will help offset operating costs.

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
This statement is, shall I say, not only “unneighborly” but also reflects a lack of recognition of the importance and benefit to ALL of Walton County of a viable, thriving 30A. 30a is, in addition to many other positive and unique things, the “cash cow” of the county that should be well- tended and maintained- not allowed to suffocate by those who benefit from it even though they don’t see it every day.

Then you took what I wrote the wrong way.