• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
This statement is, shall I say, not only “unneighborly” but also reflects a lack of recognition of the importance and benefit to ALL of Walton County of a viable, thriving 30A. 30a is, in addition to many other positive and unique things, the “cash cow” of the county that should be well- tended and maintained- not allowed to suffocate by those who benefit from it even though they don’t see it every day.
I’m not sure your claim of “cash cow” is accurate, but even if it is the only reason it would be true is because of the beaches and those beaches belong to every citizen of Walton County no matter where they reside. There is one Walton county not two.

Ty Webb

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2020
Miramar Beach
1. Until we get those stupid golf carts off of 30A, there will be congestion.
2. Crazy idea, but don't the Walton County Schools yellow buses sit idle all summer, the peak season? Utilize them! They won't be "30A chic", but running those big boys up and down 30A all summer will alleviate some congestion. And honestly, I don't see many tourists complaining if it's a free ride. Come On Get Happy!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
2. Crazy idea, but don't the Walton County Schools yellow buses sit idle all summer, the peak season? Utilize them! They won't be "30A chic", but running those big boys up and down 30A all summer will alleviate some congestion. And honestly, I don't see many tourists complaining if it's a free ride. Come On Get Happy!

I hate the golf carts too, but they are not going anywhere. I love the school bus idea. Heck, why not use them as shuttles for folks who live up in north Walton to get to work down here? I suspect the answer would be "no" but why not ask?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
A beach trolley transportation system is really needed here in South Walton, especially along Scenic 30A, but all over town would be even sweeter. I wish the new Beach Trolley Tours the best and hope it will find the right way to deliver alternative transportation to our beach town. It works well in other places (and sometimes FREE for passengers), so why can't it work here? Our beach town is worthy of a well developed trolley system with excellent staff/drivers and dependable/safe service. Hope it can work this time with community support.

map-image1-1024x467.png

Last edited:

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
I agree about the golf carts they have created traffic and safety problems that 30A is unable to handle. Your school bus idea is a perfect solution for free transportation throughout the busy summer months… This new trolley venture is not going to work it’s too expensive and it’s not air-conditioned people will not use it because it’s not free

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
I agree about the golf carts they have created traffic and safety problems that 30A is unable to handle. Your school bus idea is a perfect solution for free transportation throughout the busy summer months… This new trolley venture is not going to work it’s too expensive and it’s not air-conditioned people will not use it because it’s not free
Oh one other thing… It’ll be stuck in traffic behind the golf carts LOL

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Since it only serves 30a, public funding should be out of the question. I don't live on 30a so not interested in helping pay for it. Thanks but no.
Bed Taxes collected on 30A rentals add up to millions of dollars every year so it is fair to say Money should certainly be used to fund a reliable comfortable convenient multiple stop free system. Just because you don’t live on 30A or come to 30A doesn’t matter hundreds of people from all over Walton County work on and use 30A roads and come to use the beaches and restaurants. All of Walton County benefits from the economy produced by 30 A and South Walton including Miramar Beach

L.C. Bane

Beach Fanatic
Aug 8, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Bed Taxes collected on 30A rentals add up to millions of dollars every year so it is fair to say Money should certainly be used to fund a reliable comfortable convenient multiple stop free system. Just because you don’t live on 30A or come to 30A doesn’t matter hundreds of people from all over Walton County work on and use 30A roads and come to use the beaches and restaurants. All of Walton County benefits from the economy produced by 30 A and South Walton including Miramar Beach

I don't see trolleys mentioned here.

Tourist Development Tax