• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
So it appears control of zoning for Rental House's might fail in the Legislature. This is awesome in my opinion. It also has some ideas that I think are great. A Vacation Rental Dwelling License, and Displaying Sales Tax and TDC tax info. I know this will not sit well with some in our community but my sense is that residential neighborhoods would be better served by some form of rental regulation/ zoning enacted by the Local Government and not State Government. County Commissioners here is your chance.

Door could be slammed on vacation rentals plan

MrSunshine

Beach Lover
Oct 15, 2019
Seagrove Beach
"my sense is that residential neighborhoods would be better served by some form of rental regulation/ zoning enacted by the Local Government"

Because our local government has such a good track record of controlling stuff like this?

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
"my sense is that residential neighborhoods would be better served by some form of rental regulation/ zoning enacted by the Local Government"

Because our local government has such a good track record of controlling stuff like this?
Better opportunity to control here than at the state level.

einnadica

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2017
NW Florida
Better opportunity to control here than at the state level.

What about the conflicts of interest among sitting commissioners and current members of administration who reportedly have "hidden" their ownership stakes in numerous rental dwellings along the county's coast and to the west of Walton. Take it out of the county's hands. If not, local control is at the mercy of men in power with secrets to keep and interests to protect. Smells to me like Rump hosting the G7 at Mar a Lago or housing military at golf course resorts. Locals playing political favors to themselves spoils the deal for all.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
What about the conflicts of interest among sitting commissioners and current members of administration who reportedly have "hidden" their ownership stakes in numerous rental dwellings along the county's coast and to the west of Walton. Take it out of the county's hands. If not, local control is at the mercy of men in power with secrets to keep and interests to protect. Smells to me like Rump hosting the G7 at Mar a Lago or housing military at golf course resorts. Locals playing political favors to themselves spoils the deal for all.
The opportunity to change locally is easier than trying to replace those who seem to be locked step into taking local control of issues that should be dealt with here. Just my opinion.