• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Ty Webb

Beach Lover
Jan 19, 2020
Miramar Beach
Please post evidence, link, facts. Or is this is your theory?

And if true, what do you suggest? Build a wall?

Evidence, as in empirical evidence? Seeing with my own eyes. Speaking with neighbors. Seeing neighbors that I know have their second home arriving, unloading lots of stuff. Speaking with folks at the Freeport Publix talking about people that are driving up from South Walton to shop because the 98 and WaterColor Publix are out of items.

As for what do I suggest? Perhaps the county Emergency Management Services can at least discuss having checkpoints at major entrance roads to the county to test people. By the numbers above, 2 out of the 4 known cases are non-residents. Which by the way, sensationalist news reporters would report it as "50% of cases in Walton County are tourists!!!".

@leeboy, are you a full time Walton County resident? And what would you suggest to do so as to prevent non-residents consuming resources, groceries and health care?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Walton County Emergency Management
March 22

This is the guidance on testing. The expanded criteria allows for the doctors to test anyone they feel should be tested that do not meet the basic criteria.

Link to PDF - https://www.co.walton.fl.us/DocumentCenter/View/38031/

Basic Criteria
If the patient is exhibiting symptoms and meets at least one (1) of the 6 criteria in the image, they are a candidate for testing.

Expanded Criteria
If they do not meet the above, there is an expanded criteria that testing may occur based on the clinician's judgement.

FB_IMG_1584900098235.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
SWFD

"We continue to stay at work for you, you should stay at home for us."

A friendly reminder from your South Walton Fire District personnel who are asking you all to help flatten the curve by practicing social distancing measures.

Help us help you.

#swfdpride #swfdstrong
#flattenthecurve #helpushelpyou

FB_IMG_1584904907743.jpg

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
So leeboy and beach
Shouldn’t you be home Ty? Sounds like you are part of the problem that has so many people worked up .

I guess if you're not a spring breaker or a 2nd homeowner you can do whatever you want. :doh:
What if he is a Seaside resident/homeowner? Are you guys saying he shouldnt be allowed to walk around his neighborhood? Its ok if you are a BFO to carry on business as usual but no one else?

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
It really is. I walked through Seaside last night and it was like a ghost town. Eerily quiet. Current situation aside, it was wonderful..

Evidence, as in empirical evidence? Seeing with my own eyes. Speaking with neighbors. Seeing neighbors that I know have their second home arriving, unloading lots of stuff. Speaking with folks at the Freeport Publix talking about people that are driving up from South Walton to shop because the 98 and WaterColor Publix are out of items.

As for what do I suggest? Perhaps the county Emergency Management Services can at least discuss having checkpoints at major entrance roads to the county to test people. By the numbers above, 2 out of the 4 known cases are non-residents. Which by the way, sensationalist news reporters would report it as "50% of cases in Walton County are tourists!!!".

@leeboy, are you a full time Walton County resident? And what would you suggest to do so as to prevent non-residents consuming resources, groceries and health care?

which is it? Are we overrun or are we a ghost town?

BeachKrab

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2018
Seagrove
So leeboy and beach

What if he is a Seaside resident/homeowner? Are you guys saying he shouldnt be allowed to walk around his neighborhood? Its ok if you are a BFO to carry on business as usual but no one else?

i do feel anyone should be allowed to do as they please and be mindful of others. Meaning, keep your distance. The attitude I’m seeing from self proclaimed locals making posts on this site and others is that they seem to believe they somehow have different rights than anyone else. It’s quite deplorable behavior saying “2nd homeowners” don’t have the right to use their property, complaining that beachfront homeowners don’t have the right to use their own yard and then blaming tourists for “causing bare shelves at Publix.”

I work in the supply chain business and can tell you that the forecasts for a grocery store happens a year or more out and while it can and does change, the forecasts are typically locked in about 2 weeks out. The fact our local Publix stores have the product they have is largely due to the anticipated heavy demand from the spring break crowd. Now that people have left what you are seeing is most likely largely caused by the locals - just like in every other town but probably a little less of an impact because there was already more demand anticipated.

Why are BFO’s being called out? The sand nor anyone else walking on the beach and staying apart from those they aren’t already currently domiciled with Isn’t anyone’s business. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Everyone was in an uproar to close the beaches, then they closed, now there are people complaining that THEY can’t walk on the beach but the homeowners still can. Yes they can. It’s their yard. Nobody is keeping anyone one from walking around in their yard or neighborhood.

At the end of the day it is the individuals responsibility to do the right thing and maintain distance.

Rant over...