• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Next door to Walton, I thought this was noteworthy and wondering if more military bases will be doing this...

Hurlburt Field will be restricted to mission essential personnel only
Beginning at 12:01 a.m. on March 31, 2020, access to Hurlburt Field will be restricted to mission essential personnel only and those individuals residing on, TDY to, or conducting official business on base.

This restriction is due to the ongoing conditions caused by COVID-19 in an effort to minimize spread of the virus.

Mission essential personnel comprise all uniformed service members and civil servants who have been designated by the appropriate authority to conduct military functions that must be continuously performed onsite to sustain minimum operational capabilities and continuity of the mission.

Some examples include:

• Security
  • Food
  • Medical
  • Communications
  • Logistics
  • Flying operations
  • Maintenance
  • Command and control
  • And other critical operations functions
Those designated as mission essential will be provided appropriate documentation that will be required upon base entry. If not designated in a mission essential status, access to Hurlburt Field will be restricted to individuals who reside in housing on Hurlburt Field, on TDY status to Hurlburt Field, or individuals conducting official business on the installation.

This order is applicable to military members of the Regular Air Force, Air Force Reserve, and Air National Guard, civil servants in the Department of the Air Force, dependents of military members or civil servants, and contractors on Hurlburt Field. Observance of these restrictions on movement are mandatory.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
April 1

Governor Ron DeSantis announces he will issue Stay-at-Home order

Governor Ron DeSantis announced in a briefing on Wednesday he plans to sign a Stay-at-Home order that excludes essential services.

The order will go in effect at 12:01 a.m. April 3, and will last for until April 30.

The order says businesses are encouraged to provide carry-out and delivery for orders placed online or by the phone.

Essential activities were listed in the order include attending religious services, participating in recreational activity such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, and swimming, and taking care of or assisting pets and loved ones.

All essential activities must be done consistent with social distancing guidelines.

The order says other essential activities may be added with the approval of the State Coordinating Officer.

Read more.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
April 1

Governor Ron DeSantis announces he will issue Stay-at-Home order

Governor Ron DeSantis announced in a briefing on Wednesday he plans to sign a Stay-at-Home order that excludes essential services.

The order will go in effect at 12:01 a.m. April 3, and will last for until April 30.

The order says businesses are encouraged to provide carry-out and delivery for orders placed online or by the phone.

Essential activities were listed in the order include attending religious services, participating in recreational activity such as walking, biking, hiking, fishing, hunting, running, and swimming, and taking care of or assisting pets and loved ones.

All essential activities must be done consistent with social distancing guidelines.

The order says other essential activities may be added with the approval of the State Coordinating Officer.

Read more.
Just about everyone is an essential worker if you read the order.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Effective Friday, April 3rd at 12:01 am, Governor Ron DeSantis issued a stay-at-home order for the entire state of Florida until April 30th.

What does that mean, and what are some of the dos and donts?

Walton County Sheriff's Office has broken it down for you here:

FB_IMG_1585797356114.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Walton County Emergency Management
April 1

Walton County Responds to Governor’s Executive Order 20-91 with Changes to Service

This afternoon, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-91 which requires all persons in Florida to “limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.”

The Executive Order incorporates by reference guidelines from the Department of Homeland Security and a Miami-Dade County Emergency Order, what is defined as essential services and essential activities.

In order to comply with the Governor’s Executive Order, Walton County Local Government is taking following steps:

- All county employees which are not deemed “essential” will work from home for the duration of the Executive Order

- Limited TDC Beach Maintenance Staff will remain in service

- The following employees are deemed “essential” and will continue to report to work: limited Public Works Road and Bridge Crews, limited Fleet Maintenance, limited Facilities Maintenance and Custodial Staff, North Walton Mosquito Control, Building Department Staff, County Probation, Landfill Staff, TDC Beach Code Enforcement; One (1) Purchasing Employee to receive shipments of essential supplies and one (1) courier to maintain essential communication

- - The Landfill will be closed to the public; however, the Landfill will remain open for commercial activity

All county recreational facilities will be closed to the public; while parks are closed, boat ramps will remain open

- - The Planning Department will continue to accept permits online and will maintain contact with the public via email and telephone; however, the Planning Department will be closed to the public

- The Building Department will remain open to the public to accept permit applications; however, the Building Department will prioritize essential permitting (i.e., residential permitting) as defined by the Executive Order

- The EOC will continue to operate at Level 2 activation.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Are businesses that rent such things as kayaks, surfboards, golf carts and bicycles "essential" retail operations? I know of a few such businesses that are open today and probably will be open tomorrow after the order goes into effect.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
SAFER AT HOME ORDER

Today Governor DeSantis issued a Safer at Home Order that becomes effective Friday, April 3 at 12:01am.

Listed below is a summary of what this Executive Order entails.

To view the entire order visit:
https://www.mypanhandle.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/88/2020/04/EO-20-91.pdf

View attachment 82629
Thank you for the PDF. I just read in section 3 that attending religious services is considered essential. I don't understand, as the very nature of a congregation means 'to congregate' which means to 'gather into a crowd or mass'. A pastor was just arrested in my home state of LA for having service. This confuses me. As a home owner in Blue Mtn, I cannot walk on my beach, yet I can attend a church service in an indoor building. Can someone help me see the logic and safety in this? I am not asking for trolls to respond with some smart remarks, as I am in earnest when I ask. Thank you SoWal.

Last edited: