• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
sunsetdunes said:
Preventing them from swimming in raw sewage from the septic tanks? What a baddie. :bang:
I think all a Deputy would have to say is that there is a raw sewage spill and no one would be in the water. People would go home, or at least stay out of the water. Of course his quote would not be good press when it hits all the papers.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Otter,

Its after 10. Its beer time!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The water quality at the outlet in grayton was deemed poor on 7/12/05 as it usually is after the lake level has gotten high enough to flood yards and leach the drainfields.

All other testing points at other beaches were OK.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
Walton county emergency management just announced in the emergency meeting held today that all beaches public AND private are closed.

It is now unlawful for any person be it a private citizen, beachfront owner or renter of a beachfront home to go to the beach. As it should be. Fair and equally distributed beach law...for all. I applaud the county commission and the sheriff for this necessary change in the name of public health.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 4.35.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 4.35.10 AM.png
    838.2 KB · Views: 16

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
The commission heard from some “very hot, very upset” private property owners during the special called meeting, according to Walton County Sheriff Michael Adkinson, who attended the meeting.

In part, the comprehensive beach closure is aimed at keeping people from other parts of the country from coming to a beachside residence to ride out the coronavirus and COVID-19.

“Not because we don’t love them, but this is a bad time to be coming her from New Orleans or Atlanta,” Adkinson said during the interactive town hall.

BeachKrab

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2018
Seagrove
Walton county emergency management just announced in the emergency meeting held today that all beaches public AND private are closed.

It is now unlawful for any person be it a private citizen, beachfront owner or renter of a beachfront home to go to the beach. As it should be. Fair and equally distributed beach law...for all. I applaud the county commission and the sheriff for this necessary change in the name of public health.

So because someone’s yard is the beach they aren’t allowed to use their property? Did the county ban everyone from walking in their backyard? Makes no sense to me how this has anyone to do with keeping the virus from spreading. Sounds more like jealousy from those who can’t afford to own on the beach. Hey, I’m jealous too!

Dave, you’ve been pretty vocal about supporting CU. I can’t see how telling these owners that they aren’t allowed to use their yard nor is helping you gain any of their support.

There is zero percent chance this order is enforceable unless it bans everyone from using their yard or there is some proof showing that walking on the sand is more dangerous than going for a walk outside.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If you or your neighbors would have listened to the governor the first time around you/we wouldnt be in this situation. But you/your neighbors had to keep renting/refusing to tell people to stay home and giving them a refund or coming over here with 4 or 5 carloads of possibly infected people, telling people that the rules didnt apply to you because you had a"private beach"..so here we are. And before you go off on the whole they cant tell me to stay in my house......well they have done it to me before in Pt. Washington so uh..yea they can. When it is a danger to public health/safety.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
So because someone’s yard is the beach they aren’t allowed to use their property? Did the county ban everyone from walking in their backyard? Makes no sense to me how this has anyone to do with keeping the virus from spreading. Sounds more like jealousy from those who can’t afford to own on the beach. Hey, I’m jealous too!

Dave, you’ve been pretty vocal about supporting CU. I can’t see how telling these owners that they aren’t allowed to use their yard nor is helping you gain any of their support.

There is zero percent chance this order is enforceable unless it bans everyone from using their yard or there is some proof showing that walking on the sand is more dangerous than going for a walk outside.
Closing the beach discourages travel here. Sorry for your inconvenience. I suppose you are one of those who believe your comfort is more important then the common good. That your wealth is the supreme concern. That your rights Trump death.

If my backyard was drawing people here and endangering my community you better believe I would want the authorities to close my backyard. To want otherwise is not right. If you think you're going to gain sympathy by coming here and bashing Dave you are a fool. If you think anyone here is going to feel sorry for you while you sit on your deck and watch the dolphins while the rest of us are watching crappy TV then you are a double fool.