• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Pam Hicks

Beach Lover
Jul 25, 2018
SRB
So because someone’s yard is the beach they aren’t allowed to use their property? Did the county ban everyone from walking in their backyard? Makes no sense to me how this has anyone to do with keeping the virus from spreading. Sounds more like jealousy from those who can’t afford to own on the beach. Hey, I’m jealous too!

Dave, you’ve been pretty vocal about supporting CU. I can’t see how telling these owners that they aren’t allowed to use their yard nor is helping you gain any of their support.

There is zero percent chance this order is enforceable unless it bans everyone from using their yard or there is some proof showing that walking on the sand is more dangerous than going for a walk outside.
LET THEM EAT CAKE!!!!

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
So because someone’s yard is the beach they aren’t allowed to use their property? Did the county ban everyone from walking in their backyard? Makes no sense to me how this has anyone to do with keeping the virus from spreading. Sounds more like jealousy from those who can’t afford to own on the beach. Hey, I’m jealous too!

Dave, you’ve been pretty vocal about supporting CU. I can’t see how telling these owners that they aren’t allowed to use their yard nor is helping you gain any of their support.

There is zero percent chance this order is enforceable unless it bans everyone from using their yard or there is some proof showing that walking on the sand is more dangerous than going for a walk outside.

Deal with it asshat.

During their 4:00 pm Emergency BCC Meeting on 4/2, the Walton County Board of County Commissioners voted to amend Emergency Ordinance 2020-08 to now close all Walton County Beaches in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.

It shall be unlawful for any person to enter upon or remain on any beaches in Walton County. This action will be enforced by the Walton County Sheriff’s Office.

If you should have any questions about this BCC order, you may contact your Walton County commissioner (https://www.co.walton.fl.us/112/Commissioners), or Walton County Public Information Manager Louis E. Svehla (SveLouis@co.walton.fl.us).

This comes on the heels of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’ 4/1 Executive Order requiring all persons in Florida to limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities. That order is attached.

BeachKrab

Beach Comber
Jul 31, 2018
Seagrove
Wow. Nice name calling. Never bashed anyone. Never said a word about rentals (they are already shut down) and already admitted I don’t have a private beach but sure wish I did.

Guess I’m starting to understand why those who do own Beachfront clash with some on this board who want to try and exert control over others and like to claim control of things that aren’t exclusively theirs: things like: Publix, the community, hospitals, beaches, etc. all of which have been claimed as only to be used by certain people in comments on this board. Funny how those making these points have views that “everybody owns the beach” supporting inclusivity and CU and then in other comments go on to exclude second home owners, tourists, and even Beachfront owners. You know - those jerks buying all of the TP at Publix and don’t count as being a part of the community.

My point about Dave’s comments and CU was that continuously telling the BF owners that you think they are jerks and want to tell them how They should use the property they own is probably not a great starting point to actually implement CU at some point.

Keep up the classy posts. Hope everyone is healthy.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Wow. Nice name calling. Never bashed anyone. Never said a word about rentals (they are already shut down) and already admitted I don’t have a private beach but sure wish I did.

Guess I’m starting to understand why those who do own Beachfront clash with some on this board who want to try and exert control over others and like to claim control of things that aren’t exclusively theirs: things like: Publix, the community, hospitals, beaches, etc. all of which have been claimed as only to be used by certain people in comments on this board. Funny how those making these points have views that “everybody owns the beach” supporting inclusivity and CU and then in other comments go on to exclude second home owners, tourists, and even Beachfront owners. You know - those jerks buying all of the TP at Publix and don’t count as being a part of the community.

My point about Dave’s comments and CU was that continuously telling the BF owners that you think they are jerks and want to tell them how They should use the property they own is probably not a great starting point to actually implement CU at some point.

Keep up the classy posts. Hope everyone is healthy.

You've glossed over and misinterpreted many things in the passive aggressive post of the year.

You're the proverbial nonsmoker that complains about cigarettes in a bar.

Insert passive aggressive response below:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
If I was lucky enough to own beachfront and have title to the dry sand, I would feel it to be my duty to lead by example and stay off the sand for a few weeks. I'm not trying to demonize the BFOs, I to some small degree can sympathize with some of their concerns, but, some (the vocal minority probably) try to portray every perceived infringement of their rights as a Constitutional crisis and are triggered like big babies. Puh-lease.:rolleyes:

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
If I was lucky enough to own beachfront and have title to the dry sand, I would feel it to be my duty to lead by example and stay off the sand for a few weeks. I'm not trying to demonize the BFOs, I to some small degree can sympathize with some of their concerns, but, some (the vocal minority probably) try to portray every perceived infringement of their rights as a Constitutional crisis and are triggered like big babies. Puh-lease.:rolleyes:
Some people have a habit of criticizing Seaside but they did the right thing and did it first.