• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
If you are seeing new rentals showing up at homes near you this is the avenue to take to hold accountable the rental management agency or rental owner breaking the rules. They may lose their license or worse if they are caught. By filling out this form you are doing our Community an important service to us all.

"Executive Order 20-87 orders all parties engaged in rental of vacation rental properties to suspend vacation rental operations. Vacation rentals are prohibited from making new reservations or bookings and shall not accept new guests for check-in for the duration of the order.

If you believe any licensee is operating contrary to the Governor’s Executive Order 20-71 or Executive Order 20-87, please report the information to DBPR using the below form:"

COMPLAINTS REGARDING COMPLIANCE WITH EXECUTIVE ORDERS 20-71 AND 20-87 – MyFloridaLicense.com

Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 7.23.49 AM.png

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
We book our vacation one year in advance. How can you tell if they ate ‘new’? Just asking. (We are scheduled for May 9. Will call this week to reschedule. Probably May 2021. Fingers crossed for August but will try to reschedule that for 2021 if we have to. Too much money to lose.). New management (formerly Garrett). Will contact owners if necessary. Have stayed with them since 2010

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
We book our vacation one year in advance. How can you tell if they ate ‘new’? Just asking. (We are scheduled for May 9. Will call this week to reschedule. Probably May 2021. Fingers crossed for August but will try to reschedule that for 2021 if we have to. Too much money to lose.). New management (formerly Garrett). Will contact owners if necessary. Have stayed with them since 2010
I am wondering how much "fudging" is going on with booking dates, etc. Who is yielding?
I hope that most of our long-standing legitimate rental companies are following the rules.
Individual owners on vrbo or aribnb may be a problem.
But the visitors we are seeing may be mostly 2nd homeowners and/or their friends wanting to get out of their own homes.

SeaFern

Beach Lover
Dec 2, 2007
pt. washington & niceville
I rode my bike through WaterColor yesterday and of the 30 or so cars parked in front of houses only 2 were FL tags, others GA, TX, LA & TN. I'm guessing owners in town. I'm certainly not going to go ask! At some point you just have to trust that people are doing the right thing OR assume that they're not and make more efforts to keep yourself safe, like not going to the WC Publix this week.

Dave Rauschkolb

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach
I rode my bike through WaterColor yesterday and of the 30 or so cars parked in front of houses only 2 were FL tags, others GA, TX, LA & TN. I'm guessing owners in town. I'm certainly not going to go ask! At some point you just have to trust that people are doing the right thing OR assume that they're not and make more efforts to keep yourself safe, like not going to the WC Publix this week.

Some of the license plates you are seeing may be second homeowners. We are talking about stopping people from renting homes to others, not second homeowners choosing to shelter in home here.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If I am not mistaken you can call the sheriffs non-emergency number to notify them of any "new" people staying in your neighborhood from certain hotspot states (LA,NY,NJ etc) and they will go by and remind them they have to "self-quarantine" for 14 days.

SeaFern

Beach Lover
Dec 2, 2007
pt. washington & niceville
Some of the license plates you are seeing may be second homeowners. We are talking about stopping people from renting homes to others, not second homeowners choosing to shelter in home here.

I understand, but how would you know if they're homeowners or renters unless you ask them? Which I am not about to do. From a safety perspective, what would be the difference or being owner or renter if they're coming from a more infected area? Either way, they could possibly be asymptomatic carriers.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I would be willing to bet that there are alot more renters than should be right now. The EO wasnt extended until 5pm on Friday and doubt that all the rental companies around here were able to get in touch with those folks they had told it would be ok to check in on the 11th. We will just have to watch for that spike in cases in 10days/2 weeks that you know will happen. I suggest acting like every other person out there has it and try to protect yourself and your family the best you possibly can. And Please report any violations you see.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY

Can you tell if they are rental cars? Folks who can afford a second home on 30A might be flying in and renting a car which could have different tags?