• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Em

Beach Fanatic
Sep 18, 2005
Walton Co.
I can't imagine what their focus would be with such a store. People go to Walmart because they carry a little bit of everything. No one would go to a tiny Walmart because they would have no idea if they had what they needed.
My best guess is that Walmart isn't planning the rumored neighborhood shop.

Several big box stores, including Home Depot haves toyed with the idea of opening neighborhood shops, tiny versions of their stores. They don't work because in my opinion because big box stores business model is based on economies of scale. For the price they would pay to be in Grayton, plus store costs, labor, etc, they could be on cheaper land locate a bit farther out like 98, for only a little more cost, but they would have a much bigger pool of shoppers from which to profit.

FYI the smaller" Walmart on 98 was required by the BCC (if I correctly recall) to carry a minimum of 40% groceries.

leeboy

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2015
Is there renewed interest in a Grayton Beach Walmart? A lot of small businesses may go under and big chains step in?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Is there renewed interest in a Grayton Beach Walmart? A lot of small businesses may go under and big chains step in?

Only by you. The thread is 8 years old and originally based on an unfounded rumor.

Leader of the Banned

Beach Fanatic
Apr 23, 2013
This is so blue tick hound.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
I suppose you are stirring the pot but there may be some truth in there. No doubt the business landscape is going to change in odd ways in the near future. Looking back at major events in SoWal that brought big change - hurricanes in mid 2000s, the financial crisis after that, the oil spill ...

Our development has been scorching recently.What will happen to the real estate market?

Petermoh

Beach Comber
Oct 17, 2019
Santa Rosa Beach
I suppose you are stirring the pot but there may be some truth in there. No doubt the business landscape is going to change in odd ways in the near future. Looking back at major events in SoWal that brought big change - hurricanes in mid 2000s, the financial crisis after that, the oil spill ...

Our development has been scorching recently.What will happen to the real estate market?

I don't have a Crystal Ball. Fundamentals are still good, interest rates are low. the loss of jobs and income are big concerns first.