• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

MKH

Beach Fanatic
May 12, 2005
Memphis, TN/Seacrest Beach, FL
Have you or anyone you know been negatively affected by the sudden closure of Sunburst Beach Vacations, formerly based in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida? If so, please send me a private message and I will provide you with direction on who to reach out to with your complaint. And feel free to share your story in this thread; there are a lot of us in the same predicament.

R vandiver

Beach Crab
Feb 5, 2020
Houston
We were informed by Grayt 30 A Vacations that Sunburst Beach Vacations had closed its doors and absconded with our $6200 deposit for a weeks stay @Mimosa Mornings on Grayton Beach. If anyone can provide more info about Sunburst Beach Vacations and the people affiliated with the company I would appreciate assistance. My credit card company can’t promise they will do a chargeback. They will work with the defunct Sunburst Vacations Merchant bank for the determination.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Wow! We have been renting through Garrett Realty for 10 years (same house) and they were recently taken over by a management firm. Increased our rate by $100 a night in the off season! We had been using Sunburst before that when the house we had been renting for about 5 years changed management but were fortunate that the home owners switched to Sunburst and we didn't lose our deposit. With all the growth & changes on 30A, who would have thought that realty/management would be the reason we look elsewhere in the panhandle. Is it the focus on home sales instead of managing rentals? Ellen

khenn333

Beach Crab
Apr 18, 2020
NOLA
Have you or anyone you know been negatively affected by the sudden closure of Sunburst Beach Vacations, formerly based in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida? If so, please send me a private message and I will provide you with direction on who to reach out to with your complaint. And feel free to share your story in this thread; there are a lot of us in the same predicament.

Hi, we rented a house 5/6-5/10. Does anyone have any idea what we're supposed to do next?

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Search on the Walton County PVA site. The owners will be listed with their mailing address. Ironically, years ago, Sunburst took over from a closed agency, and we contacted the owners who honored our down payment & vacation. I would write the owners. Walton County, Florida Ellen

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
This really saddens me...for a different reason than the folks who lost money, of course.
I know the people who started Sunburst. Bright, wonderful folks, kids in school, did all the right things and grew their business. Payson is actually from one of the oldest families in Seagrove Beach.
They sold their successful business, and the guy who took it over ran it into the ground. But many locals may not realize it had been sold.
Prayers for all those hoping to get their hard-earned vacation money back.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
This really saddens me...for a different reason than the folks who lost money, of course.
I know the people who started Sunburst. Bright, wonderful folks, kids in school, did all the right things and grew their business. Payson is actually from one of the oldest families in Seagrove Beach.
They sold their successful business, and the guy who took it over ran it into the ground. But many locals may not realize it had been sold.
Prayers for all those hoping to get their hard-earned vacation money back.

Yes, I didn't think that this sounded like the nice people we worked with up until 2010.