• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
There are many who could open Monday as allowed but I expect many will wait awhile. Those with lots of space and outdoor areas likely. If I were working at one I'd want temperature scanning at the least. It's weird that masks are recommended and yet now you can eat at a restaurant. Seems like a bit of a cluster...too soon.

Treetop

Beach Crab
Dec 15, 2018
Freeport
There are many who could open Monday as allowed but I expect many will wait awhile. Those with lots of space and outdoor areas likely. If I were working at one I'd want temperature scanning at the least. It's weird that masks are recommended and yet now you can eat at a restaurant. Seems like a bit of a cluster...too soon.
I'm a food server on 30a and I would like to see the county "require face masks and temp checks" for us..The play on words of "recommended" instead "required" has already been raised. It would nice to eliminate that gray area..imo

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Many restaurants will open up immediately and many others will need a little time to prepare for the new normal procedures required by all restaurants. We will keep readers posted here in the SoWal Dining Forum as we hear from our area restaurants.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying pickup and delivery and will continue to do so! Really appreciate our local restaurants so much and respect their work as they continue to revise their businesses as needed.