• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Continue doing the right thing when you visit…you don’t live here all the time and have no clue on what goes on.. if you did you’d feel the same way we do...It’s easy to close your eyes to things or not pay attention when you’re on vacation it’s a different story when you live somewhere full-time. If anyone has invested in the area it’s the people who own homes and businesses here…
Don't kid yourself. There are a lot of people who live here who never go to the beach, never been to Eden, can't pronounce Choctawhatchee... . I wish they'd go back to where they came from.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
If you don't appreciate the tourism piece of Walton County and can come up with a way to replace the tax base and revenues, lets hear it. Or you can leave?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Walton County
April 30

Board revises Resolution 20-35. Beach open under normal conditions as covered by the Walton County Waterways and Beach Activities Ordinance.

Restriction apply to the following only:

All permits for vending on the beach shall be suspended and no vending on the beach, including private beaches, shall be permitted while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.

All permits for beach bonfires shall be suspended. No beach bonfire permits will be issued while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.

All special events on the beach shall be suspended and no special events on the beach shall be permitted while this Local State of Emergency remains in effect.

Groups of more than ten (10) people are prohibited, and a minimum of six (6) foot social distancing shall apply.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
If you don't appreciate the tourism piece of Walton County and can come up with a way to replace the tax base and revenues, lets hear it. Or you can leave?
Hey red Fisher why don’t you go somewhere else this place will be fine without the tax base and revenues I don’t need the restaurants the tourist the visitors it would be clean and natural so go you move don’t tell me to move read Fisher

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
Hey red Fisher why don’t you go somewhere else this place will be fine without the tax base and revenues I don’t need the restaurants the tourist the visitors it would be clean and natural so go you move don’t tell me to move read Fisher
Leave dude

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
It’s funny, you show contempt for the very people who grew up here, raise their kids and work here. I’ve been here for 20 years and I couldn’t live with myself destroying those livelihoods. I can only presume that you’re a transplant, because who other than that would begrudge the real locals of their livelihood. Besides that kind of petty, ignorant anger flies in the face of what the whole place is about, my friend.
You’re a typical “Let them eat cake” tool.

redfisher

Beach Fanatic
Sep 11, 2005
And it’s Redfisher, sweetness. Spelling, like compassion for your fellow man, doesn't seem to be your long suit.