• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I just talked to some friends that went down there, got in the water for a minute and when it started getting crazy they were like "maybe this isnt such a good idea" and left again.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
The County passed resolution 2020-42 which extends the Local State of Emergency. As part of this approval, the BCC has reopened beach vending with the following requirements:
  • Vendors shall place equipment at a minimum of 6 feet apart
  • Vendors shall not place equipment in a manner to allow groups of more than 10 to congregate
  • Vendors shall disinfect equipment between each use

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
The County passed resolution 2020-42 which extends the Local State of Emergency. As part of this approval, the BCC has reopened beach vending with the following requirements:
  • Vendors shall place equipment at a minimum of 6 feet apart
  • Vendors shall not place equipment in a manner to allow groups of more than 10 to congregate
  • Vendors shall disinfect equipment between each use
So if short term rentals are not allowed yet who is renting all these chairs? To me it looks like the ghost chairs are back. The vendors are getting away with setting these ghost chairs up again..before the virus the rule was passed that they only set up when people order them or on-demand

Attachments

• 39B406D9-5E82-4841-9D31-DC233588F27D.jpeg
    39B406D9-5E82-4841-9D31-DC233588F27D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
So if short term rentals are not allowed yet who is renting all these chairs? To me it looks like the ghost chairs are back. The vendors are getting away with setting these ghost chairs up again..before the virus the rule was passed that they only set up when people order them or on-demand
It's probably going to be bad. A lot of pent up testosterone-fueled energy and empty pockets looking for butts to put in seats.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
It's probably going to be bad. A lot of pent up testosterone-fueled energy and empty pockets looking for butts to put in seats.
Yup… You are so right! All the nasty bullies who run these chair vendor businesses will be out there yelling at people to get off “their area of the beach”. They threaten you with calling CODE ENFORCEMENT… The best thing you can do as I was told by the head of CODE ENFORCEMENT is to tell him to go ahead and do it because they have no exclusive right to ANY part of the beach. Then if the nastiness continues I as a citizen can call the police saying I am being harassed. A sad way to have to deal with one little person like myself coming down to the beach to spend a couple hours in her beach chair

Oh great

Beach Comber
Apr 25, 2020
Grayton beach
Whats everyone expecting Memorial Day weekend to be like? I know a lot of Atlanta loves to party it up at the Sandestin Hilton. Better stock up on essentials before they show up

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Whats everyone expecting Memorial Day weekend to be like? I know a lot of Atlanta loves to party it up at the Sandestin Hilton. Better stock up on essentials before they show up
I heard that Publix in Freeport is giving out a free roll of TP and a steak with every six pack purchase now through end of July.