• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Why is Seaside still going to be locked down? Bet the business owners there are P.O.'d.
There are businesses open there that have never shut down. I know the landlord and tenants are working together. There are a ton of commercial tenants all over this town having troubles. You've made several posts about Seaside. What's your deal? Business owner or employee?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Seaside is our community downtown that attracts big crowds in the season. They have a great deal of responsibility for the decisions they make. They take it seriously and I respect their leadership immensely. They were the first to make decisions based on science and facts, then take necessary action. Seaside owners and management team will always do what they must to protect everyone: merchants, employees, visitors, guests, locals and anyone who visits our area.

Several restaurants have been open and serving takeout for all this time while the commercial district remains closed. Go support them. They would appreciate it. Some of the restaurants decided to close for the time being as they work on plans for future operations.

Merchants will be back when they are prepared to handle crowds and not before. They are working on reopening with a new normal and they will continue to help provide leadership for our entire area.

The chapel and seaside foundation have been working to help employees and businesses in addition to other steps taken to relieve hardship and help their own during this time. You can read about the town's preparation and response on their website. You can also donate.
seasidefl.com

Seaside News
In a letter written to key stakeholders below, SCDC states they will work as a community to create milestones to reopen, assuring health and safety remain their priority. Seaside | Seaside Commercial District will remain closed

Seaside | The Chapel at Seaside is Fundraising
On March 27th, the Chapel initiated a fundraising campaign to provide financial support to laid off or furloughed workers of Seaside-based businesses. The campaign, anchored by $100,000 matches from the Robert Davis Family Foundation and from the Chapel, was very successful, raising over $300,000 and allowing support of over 260 workers from 30 businesses.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
They know as sonn as they open they will be inundated with people. Seaside is closed to protect people from themselves. It's a good thing they are run by thinking and caring people instead of greedy people or corporation.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
It's a tough position to be in to be the most popular spot in SoWal. Even after everything closed people were going there. They even had to close the amphotheater. I wouldn't be surprised if they open under the 25% rule but they also know there will be people coming and hanging out like they always do. Not an easy solution.

E5150

Beach Lover
Jun 7, 2018
Enterprise, AL
There are businesses open there that have never shut down. I know the landlord and tenants are working together. There are a ton of commercial tenants all over this town having troubles. You've made several posts about Seaside. What's your deal? Business owner or employee?
I have no "deal". Neither. Kid.

RL41

Beach Lover
Mar 8, 2019
30A
They know as sonn as they open they will be inundated with people. Seaside is closed to protect people from themselves. It's a good thing they are run by thinking and caring people instead of greedy people or corporation.

Agreed. Putting the virus to one side for a second, just as a general remark, the number of people in Seaside during the season is almost out of control.