• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I heard it wasn't because of a controlled burn. It was a car accident that hit a transformer. But rumors spread faster than wildfire.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Oh, thank God it wasn't a meth lab explosion...that was the other rumor I heard.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I really am sorry for a lot of people who have lost a lot this evening. I was just joking to ease some of this stress.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I really am sorry for a lot of people who have lost a lot this evening. I was just joking to ease some of this stress.

It's all good. My home was directly in the path and thanks to a neighbor that snuck through the woods I know it's safe.

Louis Louis, Shrimpers and the strip mall with VKI are all intact with no damage. Reports to the contrary are false rumors.

A lot of sowallers have lost everything this evening and I would like to thank SWFD, WCSO, Forestry, Code Enforcement, TDC, FHP, and FDOT for their efforts. Even CHELCO who were waiting on the edge to restore power.

Say your prayers and count your blessings tonight. Hell donate to a first responders charity or just hug your kids.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
SOUTH WALTON WOODS FIRE UPDATE

Multiple agencies are on scene in South Walton continuing to fight a 500+ acre wildland fire that has rapidly spread.

Over 500 homes have been evacuated in the area. If you fall in the evacuation area, you will receive a phone call or a deputy will knock on your door and advise you to evacuate immediately. Residents should expect to smell smoke and possibly see flames throughout the night.

Multiple structures have burned but no injuries have been reported at this time.

Those being evacuated can take shelter at South Walton High School. American Red Cross is responding to that location to assist those affected.

Westbound motorists need to avoid both Highway 98 and 30a to the west of Highway 331. Eastbound motorists need to avoid Highway 98 and 30a west of Mack Bayou Road.

FB_IMG_1588822563532.jpg

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thompson Road south of US 98 is the only road closed at this time. More than 500 acres have burned and the fire is 65% contained. The fire began from illegal burning.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The above map isn't where the fire is, correct? Anybody have a new view of Thompson Road?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
WCSO

MORNING UPDATE ON 500+ ACRE FIRE IN SANTA ROSA BEACH THAT BURNED WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Highway 98 and 30a are back open this morning as firefighters work to monitor the fire which is approximately 65% contained.

Thompson Road, an area that sustained heavy damage, is still shut down between Allen Loop and Highway 98.

Evacuees can seek shelter at South Walton High School.

FB_IMG_1588851858048.jpg