• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Blueprint30a

Beach Crab
May 6, 2020
30a
Wasn't looking for sympathy, just wanted to share my experience and again remind us all to be kind to one another, follow the rules and stay safe.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Wasn't looking for sympathy, just wanted to share my experience and again remind us all to be kind to one another, follow the rules and stay safe.

Wasn't offering it. As many locals recently learned the incredibly selfish actions of one, while not intended to harm others, can destroy peoples lives.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
My parents have owned a condo in South Walton for years. It's never been a rental property. My family uses it and sometimes we invite friends. If my parents, me or my brother are using it and invite friends to stay, by what authority does local law enforcement to come check us out based on a "tip" from some busybody that there's a car in the parking lot with an out of state tag?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
My parents have owned a condo in South Walton for years. It's never been a rental property. My family uses it and sometimes we invite friends. If my parents, me or my brother are using it and invite friends to stay, by what authority does local law enforcement to come check us out based on a "tip" from some busybody that there's a car in the parking lot with an out of state tag?
A tip from a concerned citizen is ALL they need to check out possible illegal activity. How about this scenario?....A group of 10 check into the house next door to you and are out in the yard and on the porch etc, smoking marijuana. Would you call in a tip to the sheriff? How many of your neighbors would? Do you know for a fact that they DONT have medical marijuana cards and are on a cancer patient retreat? My guess is no, you dont know and would call them in anyway.

Blueprint30a

Beach Crab
May 6, 2020
30a
Hi Liz,
If this might help, the "tip" called in on us had nothing to do with a large group of partying young people at our home. My husband and I are here with our young son, his mother and his 76 year old aunt. (We came in two cars since we have a car seat for our son that takes up lots of room.)

Jerry Lewis

Beach Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
Hi Liz,
If this might help, the "tip" called in on us had nothing to do with a large group of partying young people at our home. My husband and I are here with our young son, his mother and his 76 year old aunt. (We came in two cars since we have a car seat for our son that takes up lots of room.)
Do you have a medical marijuana license? :lol:

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
A tip from a concerned citizen is ALL they need to check out possible illegal activity. How about this scenario?....A group of 10 check into the house next door to you and are out in the yard and on the porch etc, smoking marijuana. Would you call in a tip to the sheriff? How many of your neighbors would? Do you know for a fact that they DONT have medical marijuana cards and are on a cancer patient retreat? My guess is no, you dont know and would call them in anyway.
But what if the "illegal activity" isn't in fact illegal? An executive order by a governor may be in conflict with Federal Law or the constitution. See amendment 4 of the U.S. Constitution.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
But what if the "illegal activity" isn't in fact illegal? An executive order by a governor may be in conflict with Federal Law or the constitution. See amendment 4 of the U.S. Constitution.
Exactly my point. But since I am not a law enforcement official, nor a federal judge, I will leave that part to the courts and I will do my part to report what I suspect to be illegal.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Hi Liz,
Did my scenario say anything about "young people"? Do you realize that the majority of medical marijuana licenses are NOT "young people"?EDIT.. and why do people assume that people smoking marijuana are "partying? I didnt say anything about partying either. Those people could have been smoking to ease nausea so they could eat. They could have been smoking to reduce Parkinsons tremors so they could speak. There are alot of uses for medical marijuana and NONE of them have anything to do with "young people partying".

Last edited: