• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Seaducer

Banned
Jan 17, 2008
Destin
I try to tell people how big that pig was before it died

they think I'm making the whole thing up and where it lived

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
It was a very big pig...rabbits and peacocks roamed wild... artists hanging out... music in the air...

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Rabbits. And the air conditioning of the "shops" was sprinklers spraying on the roofs.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
020306-patrones-030.jpg

Patrone's Palapa in Grayton Beach. Photo by Kurt Lischka 2002. If I remember correctly, Patrone's closed its little art stores and restaurant, but remained open for a little longer with just some private rentals on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I remember sitting there with hubby ,a cold beer and 2 kids running around chasing chickens. There was some young (17,I think?) man playing the guitar and singing and me asking him for an autograph because I told him "You will be famous some day and I want to have the first autograph you ever sign". I still have it and when I really miss him him I pull it out and look at the "Kenny O" scribbled on a napkin....

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
I remember sitting there with hubby ,a cold beer and 2 kids running around chasing chickens. There was some young (17,I think?) man playing the guitar and singing and me asking him for an autograph because I told him "You will be famous some day and I want to have the first autograph you ever sign". I still have it and when I really miss him him I pull it out and look at the "Kenny O" scribbled on a napkin....
Great story. We all miss Kenny. So sad.