• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Frankly, I have better things to do than to meddle in other people's affairs. But if you do, have at it.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
FYI We would have left Louisville this morning, driving toward Greenville, AL to spend the night, before heading to Seaside, Saturday morning. We booked this May vacation last year. We moved it to May 2021 a month ago. Booked our August 2020 Seaside vacation in 2019 also. Waiting to see how the world is doing in July. Might ask for refund on that one. Not certain of school starting date in August 2021. And, of course, so sorry that, besides the covid 19 crisis, too many have lost their homes to the fire. Ellen

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
FYI We would have left Louisville this morning, driving toward Greenville, AL to spend the night, before heading to Seaside, Saturday morning. We booked this May vacation last year. We moved it to May 2021 a month ago. Booked our August 2020 Seaside vacation in 2019 also. Waiting to see how the world is doing in July. Might ask for refund on that one. Not certain of school starting date in August 2021. And, of course, so sorry that, besides the covid 19 crisis, too many have lost their homes to the fire. Ellen
Thank you Ellen. As a long time visitor I appreciate your care for our community. We are all in this together. And we hope we'll see you here another time enjoying everything special about South Walton Florida. Meanwhile, stay safe.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We are homeowners here from rural Tennessee where there have been only 6 cases of Covid in our whole area since March. We arrived yesterday to spend time at our vacation home since we are following the rules and cannot rent. We had the sheriff called on us within an hour of our arrival from a "neighbor" who does not live in our neighborhood but was patrolling since he saw cars with out of state tags.
Though I won't say it was "traumatizing" as some have written on this forum (that people have made fun) it is however, unnerving for a police car to pull up in front of your house where you pay the mortgage, HOA, and taxes and knock on your door and ask you to step outside and see everyone's identification while your child is asking if "Mommy and Daddy are in trouble?"
The police officer was very polite and apologized for having to bother us and stated, "It's a shame we are having to waste our time and resources on these calls when we could be out fighting real crime."
I would like everyone to stay safe and follow the rules but please let's not get ahead of ourselves and assume the worst of our friends and neighbors. It's always helpful to put ourselves in someone else's shoes before applying judgement.
Welcome to your Florida home. I am sorry a visit from the Walton County Sheriff officers made you feel uncomfortable. I wouldn't like it either. But I know that you care about our South Walton community and can understand these circumstances and challenges.

Our community is worth protecting. I appreciate the Sheriff doing his best to help uphold the current rules and orders. I am sure the officers were respectful.

Tennessee is one of our favorite places to visit and we're overdue a trip there. Hope to be able to travel in the near future. All of us wish to resume our lives. It will happen but it may take a while. Meanwhile enjoy your family and stay safe.

Blueprint30a

Beach Crab
May 6, 2020
30a
Thank you, Teresa!
We sincerely love South Walton and hope to retire here in the future making it not just our "second home" but our permanent home. We appreciate your law enforcement and the job they are doing.
Can't wait to see you in Tennessee soon! The mountains will be beautiful in the fall.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Thank you, Teresa!
We sincerely love South Walton and hope to retire here in the future making it not just our "second home" but our permanent home. We appreciate your law enforcement and the job they are doing.
Can't wait to see you in Tennessee soon! The mountains will be beautiful in the fall.
Mountain vacations are the BEST!

DuneDaze

Beach Crab
May 3, 2020
FL-30A
Some of these people just dont get it. Your right to the pursuit of happiness should not interfere with my right to life. I didnt have the option to sit at home when this first started until I got bored and started demanding to go to the beach and go out to restaurants. I had to be on the front lines, (you know..essential job and all) while all of you people were out there hoarding toilet paper and hand sanitizer. And now I get to deal with people from all over the country that think its some kind of joke. I think it would be kinda cool if all the employers of people with essential jobs would decide to just shut down for 1 week to give their workers a break. See how fast all these entitled folks freak out.
It's heartening to know you defend the right to life! :clap:Without it, liberty and the pursuit of happiness wouldn't matter.

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
It's heartening to know you defend the right to life! :clap:Without it, liberty and the pursuit of happiness wouldn't matter.
Interesting that you mention "right to life". The most innocent and defenseless among us don't seem to have it. Just another example of the fact that we don't all agree. And frankly, I'd choose liberty. We're all going to die at some point.