• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

springfield4

Beach Lover
Jun 6, 2007
Can you travel to the area and rent if you are there on "business"? Hearing that some rental companies are using this to skirt the rules.

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB
I’ve met homeowners that kept renting to tourists through VRBO and have since stopped. I also know people that are letting family and friends from out of state, stay in their homes. In my humble opinion... locals know locals! It’s a small town.

On a side note: my beautiful wife was walking through WalMart wearing a mask and gloves and an elderly man ( not gentleman ) said to her, “ you must be a democratic “.... we both have no party affiliation and continue to be surprised at the lack of understanding and empathy people have.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I’ve met homeowners that kept renting to tourists through VRBO and have since stopped. I also know people that are letting family and friends from out of state, stay in their homes. In my humble opinion... locals know locals! It’s a small town.

On a side note: my beautiful wife was walking through WalMart wearing a mask and gloves and an elderly man ( not gentleman ) said to her, “ you must be a democratic “.... we both have no party affiliation and continue to be surprised at the lack of understanding and empathy people have.
The meanness of this red area is almost too much to bear. Couple that with willful shedding of science, reason and logic and it makes me very concerned for tomorrow.

Serious question - where in America is an area with warm weather that isn't so red?

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

The virus doesn't know or care about party or politics.

Really appreciate the care Publix has put into safety precautions. All staff wear masks. Arrows to direct you throughout the store which are great in the little Watercolor Publix. And clear partitions at checkout (these need to cover more area but still a good thing). Half of the shoppers are wearing masks. Lots of visitors with no masks and not a care in the world. No one has ever said anything about my mask. And i do it for our wonderful Publix staff and everyone else.. I don't shop at Walmart but I know friends who do and they are wearing masks. We can only do our best.

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB

Really appreciate the care Publix has put into safety precautions. All staff wear masks. Arrows to direct you throughout the store which are great in the little Watercolor Publix. And clear partitions at checkout (these need to cover more area but still a good thing). Half of the shoppers are wearing masks. Lots of visitors with no masks and not a care in the world. No one has ever said anything about my mask. And i do it for our wonderful Publix staff and everyone else.. I don't shop at Walmart but I know friends who do and they are wearing masks. We can only do our best.
Hi Teresa,
I’m am someone that wears a mask or neck gator in public and have two family members that have Covid-19. They live out of state and I haven’t been in close physical contact but I take this virus seriously.
I’m grateful to the employees of our super markets for literally risking their lives for a paycheck. In other cities and towns, the super markets have curbside service ( which I feel is safer ). I am not a fan of WalMart for my own reasons but I will never try to control my beautiful wife, lol!
Yesterday I went to FWB and only encountered ONE person wearing a mask. I even gave a drunk man $10 for lunch just to try and get him to stop trying to shake my hand! He was wondering around asking for money and I know that many of us have lost jobs including myself ( I haven’t worked in two months). My heart goes out to everyone. I believe in country over party. However, I’m in disbelief as to the distain people have toward each other because of political party. Please stay safe

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015

Was in a Publix last night and noticed this exact thing. Many not respecting distancing, no masks, and ignoring aisle markings.

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB
The meanness of this red area is almost too much to bear. Couple that with willful shedding of science, reason and logic and it makes me very concerned for tomorrow.

Serious question - where in America is an area with warm weather that isn't so red?
Hello Dawn,
I’m more than fortunate to have wonderful friends of different political parties. I’m an independent and have issues with both parties at times. I love this beautiful town but there is definitely a huge rift with people being terribly judgmental whether it be political or religious.... I sure do my best to be polite and at times very quiet, lol! The older I get, I wish I could be more myself in public but I still choose not too. Please be safe

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB
Was in a Publix last night and noticed this exact thing. Many not respecting distancing, no masks, and ignoring aisle markings.
I go the the SRB Publix ( even though I like Fresh Market ) not many people wear masks. I would guess about 25% do?

Last edited: