• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Terrible news!
100% short term rentals
50% restaurants. Better get your groceries and essentials now

Considering that the rental houses in our neighborhood seem to be full of people, golf carts are choking our roads at summer levels and beach accesses are overflowing, I think the people are already here. The formality of exchanging money for lodging will now be back in the open. I will be interested to see what the public health outcome is. :rolleyes:

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Bring groceries and supplies with you!

Bring disinfectant.

Disinfect your rental when you arrive.

Disinfect your rental when you leave.

Leave excess disinfectant for cleaners and next guests.

Thank you for helping our community!

Last edited by a moderator:

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
I have just consulted my friend who owns the house we rent and, as much as they would like the business, we decided it wasn't a good idea. Maybe things will be better in the fall.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
From friend, writer and local Sarah Robertson. I hope we can be as helpful and positive as her words. We all care about our community as we welcome visitors to the world's most beautiful beaches. We are all in this together...

Hi friends, I know many of you visit 30A. What a Spring it has been. We have all been stressed and unnerved by this pandemic. As a nine year local, I wanted to share a few thoughts for when you vacation here in our small town this season:

Beaches were closed this Spring in order to slow the spread of the virus and protect our small, regionally-reliant, and vulnerable hospital from becoming overwhelmed. Thankfully this largely worked, and we reopened beaches in May. But please know many locals are still worried we will see a new spike in cases. Working together with our visitors can mitigate those concerns and keep everyone healthy.

Pay close attention to new procedures and policies. This isn’t a business-as-usual Summer season, so please pay close attention to all our new local requirements and requests.

Socially distancing is much harder here. It’s a relatively small area with limited grocery resources, tighter restaurant and retail “footprints”, and busy public beach accesses. You will need to “pack your patience” and please be extra mindful so you and your group can stay 6 feet or more from others.

Speaking of packing, please plan ahead. Note: we run low on the same items your bigger city has had trouble stocking. If you are driving, definitely plan to bring paper products and cleaning supplies. Our stores often are out of toilet paper. At times we have seen shortages on some meats and dairy too. If there is something you can’t live without, it is better to plan to pack it.

Masks are appreciated when in indoor public spaces. Some businesses are even requiring customers wear them. Please pack yours and wear when appropriate.

Thank you for reading this. Bottom line, we want you to feel welcomed and we want you to safely enjoy your trip. Feel free to message me with any questions - I am happy to help share advice and info from a local’s perspective.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Watching the meeting:

Callers from Louisiana upset they can't rent. It was explained that is a continued minimum 45-day restriction from the governor.

culdeus

Beach Comber
May 15, 2020
Dallas, TX
Did they say what happens if Texas (or I suppose Georgia is at risk) pops the caseload figure? I assume they don't really have a plan for that and would just ignore it.

culdeus

Beach Comber
May 15, 2020
Dallas, TX
Bring groceries and supplies with you!

Bring disinfectant.

Disinfect your rental when you arrive.

Disinfect your rental when you leave.

Leave excess disinfectant for cleaners and next guests.

Thank you for helping our community!

CDC disagrees with this. There has been no real evidence that this is surface spread. It's sick people coughing in confined spaces by and large.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) - Transmission

culdeus

Beach Comber
May 15, 2020
Dallas, TX

Page last reviewed April 2. The CDC updated guidelines on surfaces came out today, the news cycle is very fast.

Edit to note that the walk back on the surface stuff appears to have been happening for the past 6 days starting with some updated research on surface spread. There seems to have been a strengthening of the language surrounding how surface spread is low risk in the last 24 hours, though I can't seem to get a snapshot of the edits so this is from memory.

Last edited:

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Maintain adequate time between the conclusion of a guest stay and the check-in of the next guest stay for appropriate cleaning and sanitation.
EO 20-86
Louisiana travelers MUST quarantine.....