• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
First post in a long time (been so long i couldn't recover my username\password). No problem. Not sure this info goes here, but i thought i would share it and see if anyone has ran across this.

Friends of friends rented a place in the commercial district of Seaside starting this weekend. One of those condos above the retail stores as i am told. They found out that they can't get their armband beach passes until next Friday when the commercial district actually re-opens. Supposedly the family has called up the chain to the Town Council and still can't get satisfaction.

Anyone heard anything like this or am i possibly hearing the story wrong (third hand at least)? I may be hearing things completely wrong, but this is what i know.

BTW, love the 30A area and have been coming since 2002 every year. Spent many years in Seaside and have moved on to other areas along 30A to explore. I frequent this site often for info and to get a re-fresher of the beautiful area some of y'all call home. Or second home.
Welcome back. See the post above yours.

And also Seaside | Seaside Commercial Beach Access

As our beach access reopens on May 29th, we have asked Cabana Man, who has 34 years of beach service to our locals and visitors, to manage our beach. They will provide two service levels. Cabana Man Service will provide chair sets and umbrellas, and Club Cabana will provide not only chairs sets and umbrellas but offer food and beverage service from Seaside restaurants. Beach access will be provided to the public with these services offered exclusively. Personal chairs, umbrellas, tents and coolers will not be permitted to be taken on the beach.

An attendant will greet you at Coleman Pavilion (the obelisk), advance reservations will be required, and an occupancy limit will apply. All chair sets will be placed at least 6 ft. apart with an emphasis on social distancing. Cabana Man’s professional team of beach attendants have cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place to manage cleanliness of all equipment.

Contact Cabana Man’s website cabanaman.com to reserve your beach experience this summer.

Hagendog

Beach Comber
May 21, 2020
Huntsville AL
Am I assuming correctly that guests staying in the commercial district in the condos, which i know the shops are closed, aren't allowed beach armbands to use say at the Pensacola access or any of the other beach accesses? It's been a while since we've been to Seaside, but I didn't think you had to necessarily use the beach access closest to the street you were staying on.

sleepswithdogs

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2018
Southeast
Welcome back. See the post above yours.

And also Seaside | Seaside Commercial Beach Access

As our beach access reopens on May 29th, we have asked Cabana Man, who has 34 years of beach service to our locals and visitors, to manage our beach. They will provide two service levels. Cabana Man Service will provide chair sets and umbrellas, and Club Cabana will provide not only chairs sets and umbrellas but offer food and beverage service from Seaside restaurants. Beach access will be provided to the public with these services offered exclusively. Personal chairs, umbrellas, tents and coolers will not be permitted to be taken on the beach.

An attendant will greet you at Coleman Pavilion (the obelisk), advance reservations will be required, and an occupancy limit will apply. All chair sets will be placed at least 6 ft. apart with an emphasis on social distancing. Cabana Man’s professional team of beach attendants have cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place to manage cleanliness of all equipment.

Contact Cabana Man’s website cabanaman.com to reserve your beach experience this summer.
So let me get this straight.... Seaside has no problem renting ALL of their properties to full capacity—bringing in their rental revenue — ok got it— BUT they are going to limit how many of their guests they’ve charged an arm/ leg for “The Seaside Experience” can go to the beach? Am I reading this right??? Haven’t had my coffee so surely I’m misunderstanding.....

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
So let me get this straight.... Seaside has no problem renting ALL of their properties to full capacity—bringing in their rental revenue — ok got it— BUT they are going to limit how many of their guests they’ve charged an arm/ leg for “The Seaside Experience” can go to the beach? Am I reading this right??? Haven’t had my coffee so surely I’m misunderstanding.....
Pretty sure you read that correctly. They will have to limit the number of setups to ensure the 6ft. rule. And from the previous posts they didnt make it clear that there is NO beach access this week until the 29th.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
Am I assuming correctly that guests staying in the commercial district in the condos, which i know the shops are closed, aren't allowed beach armbands to use say at the Pensacola access or any of the other beach accesses? It's been a while since we've been to Seaside, but I didn't think you had to necessarily use the beach access closest to the street you were staying on.
Reservations are required. Contact Cabana Man - Club Cabana Man

Every Pavilion is restricted exceptf or Coleman, George’s Gorge, and Club Cabana Man-Restricted Pavilions require an Access/Promo Code, not for a discount;rather, permission to rent chairs in the restricted areas reserved for “Guests Only”-If you do not have the code, we are not permitted to give it to you, you must call the property management company you used for your rental or the Seaside Town Council to receive

COVID-19 POLICY - Social Distancing will be observed and will take priority over front/back row confirmations. Town Center (Georges Gorge, Coleman, and Club Cabnaman) is reservation only and while the public is welcome, you must have a chair rental to use the beach - this is to provide a safe environment by maintaining an occupancy limit for social distancing (1 chair per person in the Commercial Area (Town Center)). Personal chairs, umbrellas, tents, and coolers other than personal sized coolers are not permitted in Town Center. All advance Reservations are taken online (Access Code Required for certain Pavilions). For any questions, issues with availability, or selection, feel free to email us (info@cabanaman.com).

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Reservations are required. Contact Cabana Man - Club Cabana Man

Every Pavilion is restricted exceptf or Coleman, George’s Gorge, and Club Cabana Man-Restricted Pavilions require an Access/Promo Code, not for a discount;rather, permission to rent chairs in the restricted areas reserved for “Guests Only”-If you do not have the code, we are not permitted to give it to you, you must call the property management company you used for your rental or the Seaside Town Council to receive

COVID-19 POLICY - Social Distancing will be observed and will take priority over front/back row confirmations. Town Center (Georges Gorge, Coleman, and Club Cabnaman) is reservation only and while the public is welcome, you must have a chair rental to use the beach - this is to provide a safe environment by maintaining an occupancy limit for social distancing (1 chair per person in the Commercial Area (Town Center)). Personal chairs, umbrellas, tents, and coolers other than personal sized coolers are not permitted in Town Center. All advance Reservations are taken online (Access Code Required for certain Pavilions). For any questions, issues with availability, or selection, feel free to email us (info@cabanaman.com).
Am I correct in saying that there is NO access until the 29th. Everything I have read says that and it seems like the reservations with Cabana Man dont start until then.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
Seaside does not own or manage rentals. Seaside Development Corporation (Robert & Daryl Davis) owns most of the town center and leases to merchants, who have an association. Ruskin Place has their own association as does most every street marked by a pavilion. There is also a Seaside Town Council and Seaside Homeowners Association.

It is all very confusing, contentious and political, with various lawsuits usually happening at any given time.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Am I correct in saying that there is NO access until the 29th. Everything I have read says that and it seems like the reservations with Cabana Man dont start until then.
Only the Seaside commercial accesses in town center are closed until May 29.

Hagendog

Beach Comber
May 21, 2020
Huntsville AL
My thought as i've watched this unfold, is the beach accesses at the end of each street (Pensacola, East Ruskin, etc) are open and the Cabana folks are allowed to rent chairs. The beach accesses within the commercial area (Coleman, Seaside) were closed as part of the commercial area being closed.

That changes on the 29th when the commercial district re-opens along with the now closed commercial beach accesses. Then, the (very restrictive) policy of basically VIP access from the commercial district would open with the services as described above.

Are we saying that every beach access at the end of the streets is closed in conjunction with the commercial district being closed? You have got to be freaking kidding me? Absolutely no where, is that plainly explained as far as i can find. Course that way be the plan.....

I emailed Seaside when the VIP policy came out and asked if that was just for the commercial district or does that policy cover every beach access. No reply of course.

I almost booked a house this morning for next week but if this scenario of all accesses closed is true, that's a 'no' from me now....

sleepswithdogs

Beach Comber
Jul 9, 2018
Southeast
My thought as i've watched this unfold, is the beach accesses at the end of each street (Pensacola, East Ruskin, etc) are open and the Cabana folks are allowed to rent chairs. The beach accesses within the commercial area (Coleman, Seaside) were closed as part of the commercial area being closed.
Well I’m completely aggravated as well

That changes on the 29th when the commercial district re-opens along with the now closed commercial beach accesses. Then, the (very restrictive) policy of basically VIP access from the commercial district would open with the services as described above.

Are we saying that every beach access at the end of the streets is closed in conjunction with the commercial district being closed? You have got to be freaking kidding me? Absolutely no where, is that plainly explained as far as i can find. Course that way be the plan.....

I emailed Seaside when the VIP policy came out and asked if that was just for the commercial district or does that policy cover every beach access. No reply of course.

I almost booked a house this morning for next week but if this scenario of all accesses closed is true, that's a 'no' from me now....

Our place rented last year for 2020 4th of July so we decided “no problem” we’ll go next door, experience Seaside....My cc was charged for the balance a few days ago— I have no problem w that... BUT I do have some issues with Seaside Homeowner’s Collection not communicating these changes in writing with their “guests”. I can promise u not all of their guests are on this forum and are going to show up to an unwelcome surprise. Just MHO but this is seems egregiously greedy on their part. Charging me to rent is one thing... fine with that...the fees for the chairs? Outrageous... but ok, it’s Seaside I expected it.... but to tell me I can’t come to the beach without renting a chair and that’s IF I rent one in time?? Shady, shady, shady...... shame on you Seaside. I want my money back.