• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

w.mccormick

Beach Crab
May 13, 2020
Freeport
Hello

For those that don’t know me , I am William “Boots “ McCormick. I am a candidate for County Commissioner District 1. I was hoping to get the chance to meet and talk to the good folks of South Walton in a more face to face setting. But due to current pandemic that we are all working through, I thought I would reach out using what tools are available.

I’ve had some friends advise me to stay clear of putting myself out there with the different groups, but I feel strongly the people should know who and what their candidates are about.

What I will do instead of posting a long and drawn out bio of my self, I will refer you to my webpage at Votemccormick2020.com. I also will make myself available for any group or individual meet and greet that you feel comfortable with .I will also do my best to answer any questions you present to me.

Stay safe and healthy

Boots

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Hi Boots, how did you get your nickname?

Who is that in the photo with you in your avatar?

On your website you list issues you deem important, can you tell us where you stand on them?
"Education, public safety, and the economy are certainly at the top of the list; however, customary use, managed developement, infrastructure there and conservation of our natural resourses are also issues that families and neighborhoods face on a daily basis. That is what William "Boots" McCormick will help with."

w.mccormick

Beach Crab
May 13, 2020
Freeport
Thanks Kurt

As to the nickname,I wish it had an exciting story behind it. In truth I inherited it from my dad. I was the first of my siblings and was named after my dad so I am William H. McCormick JR. My dads nickname was Boots also. My dad passed away when he was young and regrettable I never had the nickname conversation with him. I did have the conversation with some of the older generation of my family and did receive several different versions.

As to the photo, as you can see I am not very photogenic and this is one of the few photos I have that I felt would not scare people off LOL. I used a photo instead of a avatar so not to give the appearance I want step out in front and hide.The person in the photo is Representative Matt Gaetz.

As to were I stand on the issues you mention, I stand behind the ideal they are all equally important. As a current city council member, I know fist hand what needs to be in place for a community to become successful. You can’t just focus on one area of concern. I believe all the issues mention are the foundation and corner stones we need to make Walton County successful.

I know my answer sounds like the same old cookie cut response, but it is a true representative of the focus I have for this county. What I think is a deference between me and others, is the fact I know first hand you can not do the job by your self. You have got to approach the issues open minded and have a willingness to work with others. You can’t let you personal emotions and perspective blind you to the point of not listening to all sides of a issue. You never know where a good solution may come from . I learned first had as a criminal investigator, that you need to look under rocks that others don’t see. I also learned you can’t just listen to one side of the story.

To end , I stand with approaching all issues with equal effort to obtain a reasonable outcome that will bring a positive for the current and future generations of Walton County.

Last edited: