• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I wanted to find a thread on here pertaining to a movement on creating SoWal as its own county. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks Bob

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Why not incorporate Santa Rosa Beach? Might have to annex Rosemary, Seacrest, Inlet and Alys.
This has been discussed for decades and the majority of residents dont want/need another layer of government.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
There was a very serious effort to try to incorporate the area south of the bay. I think the general intent was to curb out of control development. It failed to ever come to s vote because our representative, Brad Drake (I think)refused to sponsor the bill that would authorize an initial vote on whether there was a threshold of interest to move forward with the proposed articles of incorporation. You know that every single government official in Walton County would be opposed to it because we are their money cow.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
There was a very serious effort to try to incorporate the area south of the bay. I think the general intent was to curb out of control development. It failed to ever come to s vote because our representative, Brad Drake (I think)refused to sponsor the bill that would authorize an initial vote on whether there was a threshold of interest to move forward with the proposed articles of incorporation. You know that every single government official in Walton County would be opposed to it because we are their money cow.
It will inevitably happen as it has in every other growing community in the US since our founding. Once we jave more professionals and fewer transients and 2nd homeowners. It is happening there are apartments, town homes and large subdivisions of houses going in everywhere in SoWal.