• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
It's 700 cases per 100k residents having active cases. Not 700k active cases. LA was at 724 yesterday. There are I believe 8 states popping the number right now.

Here's where it gets fun, there's not a specific list of where to get this for each state. I would just use worldometer for a quick check and if it's close call the county reps.

As of today NY, NJ, MA, RI, CT, DC, DL, IL, LA, MY are all out.

Nebraska and Michigan look to cross soon going up and LA going down.

once again it’s left to me to ask the questions no one else has the courage to ask. What state is MY? I can’t tell anymore what is an honest mistake or what is disinformation intended to pop my circuits and fragment my mind. I mistrust everything I read and see and hear. I’m changing MY avatar defensively to reflect this suddenly altered reality. MY message to everyone!38B4ED81-548D-485A-9087-EA70A36E906B.jpeg

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
once again it’s left to me to ask the questions no one else has the courage to ask. What state is MY? I can’t tell anymore what is an honest mistake or what is disinformation intended to pop my circuits and fragment my mind. I mistrust everything I read and see and hear. I’m changing MY avatar defensively to reflect this suddenly altered reality. MY message to everyone!View attachment 83854
That jumped out at me, also. Some of the rest of that post sounded so realistic but now I have to question all of it. Maryland is MD, but so is doctor... so confusing.

culdeus

Beach Comber
May 15, 2020
Dallas, TX
I don't know. These are the states listed. Doesn't make much sense. Especially for enforcement. What happened to the 14 day quarantine? Which was also a half measure, unenforceable and used up a lot of law enforcement resources while stopping traffic coming into Florida.

Would assume those traffic checks last about as long as the first time they happened, 24 hours or so (my guess). They chose to use the reservation ban in lieu of the quarantine. It's a lot harder to enforce that than somewhere like Hawaii short of using ankle monitors.

culdeus

Beach Comber
May 15, 2020
Dallas, TX
You can see activity on waze at the Georgia border, but not Alabama as of about 8am this morning. This extends to Hwy301 as well.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Based on the governor’s executive order there will no longer be any COVID-19-related restrictions on visitors coming from Louisiana, starting Friday, June 5th.

..............................................................................................

OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER 20-139

(Phase 2: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery)

WHEREAS, on March 9, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-52 declaring a state of emergency for the entire State of Florida as a result of COVID-19; and

WHEREAS, on April 29, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-112 initiating Phase 1 of the Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery; and

WHEREAS, on May 14, 2020, I issued Executive Order 20-123 for Full Phase 1.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, RON DESANTIS, as Governor of Florida, by virtue of the authority vested in me by Article IV, Section (l)(a) of the Florida Constitution and Chapter 252, Florida Statutes, and all other applicable laws, promulgate the following Executive Order:

Section 1. Phase 2 Recovery

In concert with the efforts of President Donald J. Trump, and based on guidance provided by the White House and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Florida Surgeon General and State Health Officer, I hereby adopt the following in response to the recommendations in Phase 2 of the plan published by the Task Force to Re-Open Florida.

1. Executive Order 20-112, as modified by Executive Orders 20-120, 20-122, 20-123 and 20-131, is extended as further modified below.
  2. In Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties, the re-opening provisions of Section 4 of this order will be considered after each county seeks approval with a written request from the County Mayor or if no mayor the County Administrator.
Section 2. Responsible Individual Activity

All persons in Florida are encouraged to follow appropriate social distancing and safety protocols issued by the CDC and OSHA. The direction to follow such protocols, and those additional protocols listed below in this section, is guidance and not enforceable under section 252.47, Florida Statutes.

1. Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition are strongly encouraged to avoid crowds and take measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19.
  2. All persons in Florida are encouraged to avoid congregating in groups larger than 50 persons.
  3. All persons who work in long-term care facilities should be tested for COVID-19 on a routine basis.
  4. In-store retail businesses, including gyms and fitness centers, should maintain appropriate social distancing and sanitation protocols.
Section 3. Additional Requirements for Certain Individuals Traveling to Florida

Executive Orders 20-80 and 20-82 are extended with exceptions for persons involved in commercial activity and students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training and any other activity or program approved by the educational institution. This order supersedes Executive Order 20-86.

Section 4. Business Activity

This order supersedes Executive Orders 20-91 and 20-92 and Executive Order 20-112 Section 2. This order further supersedes any conflicting provisions of Executive Order 20-112 including Section 3C. (gyms) and Section 4 (retail and museums) and Executive Order 20-123 including Section 1.B. (retail), C.(museums) and D. (gyms). This order extends and modifies the remaining provisions of Executive Order 20-112 and Executive Order 20-123 as follows:

1. Restaurants and other establishments, and bars and other vendors licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, may operate at fifty (50) percent of their indoor capacity, excluding employees, as under Executive Order 20-123, Section 1. Bar areas may be open with seated service. In addition, outdoor seating is permissible with appropriate social distancing. This section does not apply to nightclubs. Non-conflicting provisions in Executive Order 20-71, Sections 1 and 2 remain in effect.
  2. Entertainment businesses, including but not limited to movie theaters, concert houses, auditoriums, playhouses, bowling alleys, and arcades may operate at fifty (50) percent of their building capacity, with appropriate social distancing between groups and appropriate sanitation.
  3. Pari-mutuel facilities may seek to operate with a written request from the County Mayor or if no mayor the County Administrator to the Secretary of the Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and the approval of the DBPR Secretary.
  4. Personal services, including but not limited to tattooing, body piercing, acupuncture, tanning and massage, may operate with appropriate safety guidelines as outlined by the Department of Health.
Section 6. Previous Executive Order Extended

Executive Order 20-69 is extended until June 30, 2020.

Section 7. Enforcement

This order, with the exception of Section 2, shall be enforced under section 252.47, Florida Statutes, and by the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. Violation of this order is a second-degree misdemeanor pursuant to section 252.50, Florida Statutes, and is punishable by imprisonment not to exceed 60 days, a fine not to exceed $500, or both.

Section 8. Effective Date

This order is effective at 12:01 a.m. on June 5, 2020.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
According to Walton Tourist Development Council, Tourist Development Tax* collection showed an 85.23% decrease in South Walton for April 2020 compared with the previous year. This decrease can be directly attributed to the COVID-19 pandemic and the governor's ban on vacation rentals.

According to local vacation rental management companies and other data, bookings for June and the rest of summer are higher than the same period last year.

* The Tourist Development Tax, or bed tax, is a five percent tax collected on hotels, condos and other short term rentals. It is the best way to gauge visitation and demand trends in South Walton. The revenue supports tourism marketing and beach operations including cleaning and maintaining beaches, lifeguards, destination improvements and preservation initiatives.