• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think they're going to build it up at the south east corner of I-10 and 331 right where NASCAR is supposedly building a track as well! ;)
There's a good rumor from the WAYBAK machine!

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
I think they're going to build it up at the south east corner of I-10 and 331 right where NASCAR is supposedly building a track as well! ;)
There's a good rumor from the WAYBAK machine!
A nascar track on 79 would set attendance records.

Taco-Zero

Beach Lover
Apr 6, 2020
The SRB
When I moved here 20 years ago, I was told that Destin was going to be the next Miami, lol! Nothing but skyscrapers and a huge shipping port... ( not that I’m a big fan of Miami ) I was also told that Disney was going to build in Ebro, lol! In 2012 I was told to prepare for the end of the world. In 2016 I was told that a certain middle eastern religion was about to attack the USA and the FBI was tracking their population disappear throughout the our country.

None of those people have ever admitted they were wrong and they still live here...

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
When I moved here 20 years ago, I was told that Destin was going to be the next Miami, lol! Nothing but skyscrapers and a huge shipping port... ( not that I’m a big fan of Miami ) I was also told that Disney was going to build in Ebro, lol! In 2012 I was told to prepare for the end of the world. In 2016 I was told that a certain middle eastern religion was about to attack the USA and the FBI was tracking their population disappear throughout the our country.

None of those people have ever admitted they were wrong and they still live here...
As seas rise, Paxton will be the next Destin.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Disney was supposed to be buying First American Farms. Then, the rumor was that it was supposed to be a new version of Branson, Missouri. Still, there it sits, except for the piece carved out for the Freeport bypass. Nice, peaceful drive from Freeport to DeFuniak and back, unless nature calls.

And if Costco wants a North Walton location, my family has 36 acres that we'd be willing to negotiate with them, and my spouse would have to just resign himself into living in SoWal forever.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
That reminds me...LOCALS TEST that a lot of locals wouldn't have experienced...I was maybe five years old.
You know that before Regional Utilities came along, most of us had wells for our tasty, lime and sulfur water.
Who ELSE remembers that when First American Farms began irrigating their fields, everybody's well went dry?