• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
Search & Browse
For those interested the link will take you to the Ethics Commission for the State. If you are so inclined 2 cases that I took a quick glance at may or may not alleviate your concern.
CEO 91-27
CEO 94-39

With that said, I venture to guess that although this may make folks uncomfortable the Candidate probably already has a ruling from the Ethics Commission.
How about a summary. You know like who did what to who. Sorry if you guys are going to post for or against candidates you're going to have to work a bit harder.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
How about a summary. You know like who did what to who. Sorry if you guys are going to post for or against candidates you're going to have to work a bit harder.
I am not posting for or against anyone. Einnadica posted something about a candidates relationship with the County Administrator and posted about a possible ethics issue. That said I did about 20 minutes of searching and shared what I was able to find. There was enough of the info that if someone believed there may be a problem in the future they could request a ruling. Take it or leave it but I was just trying to share info and the accuracy of that info would have been left to you to determine.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
I am not posting for or against anyone. Einnadica posted something about a candidates relationship with the County Administrator and posted about a possible ethics issue. That said I did about 20 minutes of searching and shared what I was able to find. There was enough of the info that if someone believed there may be a problem in the future they could request a ruling. Take it or leave it but I was just trying to share info and the accuracy of that info would have been left to you to determine.
Thanks but Maybe post the info instead of just case numbers which I can't see anything from that.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Thanks but Maybe post the info instead of just case numbers which I can't see anything from that.
I provided the link and if you type in the case numbers on the first line and go to the search button it will take you to the case. I checked to ensure the link and search function worked.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
I provided the link and if you type in the case numbers on the first line and go to the search button it will take you to the case. I checked to ensure the link and search function worked.
Thank you Bob. I found the 2 cases about nepotism. So I infer one or more of the candidates is a nepotist or a potential one? I suppose you are reluctant to name names. From @einnadica post it appears to be county adminitrator larry Jones and BCC candidate Larry Jones are brother in law. Is that nepotism? How?
I understand when a county "boss" is over a relative who is an employee. Hiring or giving favor to that relative. Is it relevant if it is an election of a relative? Is the implication that Larry Jones would help Stewart get elected or give him favor once elected?
Just wondering if this is a real concern or just a continuation of the incestuous nature of walton politics. Lord knows the good ole boy way is alive and well here and the worst cases are in plain sight with or without nepotism. Let us speak plainly so us voters know the score.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
So if anything regarding the county administrator's job were to come before the BCC requiring a vote Teddy Stewart would need to abstain from voting to avoid ethics issues. All of which is entirely dependent on his election and I hope he loses that. Currently Commissioner Chapman abstains anytime there's a waste management vote.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
You'll love Gaetz's friend Boots.
McCormick for Walton County Commissioner District 1
I get the Republican party IS THE good ole boy party here and we live in Huckabee country. But being proud of a Gaetz photo op tells you all you need to know about someone's character.

Boots has more character in his little toe than someone who would judge a candidate based on a picture.
My vote is sealed for Boots, but my question for the other District 1 candidates is how concerned are they with the vast portion of D1 north of the bay? What will they do for Freeport? Bruce? Red Bay? Do they even know anyone from Bruce or Red Bay?
Boots does...and he also understands that Point Washington and Inlet Beach are also in his district, and the unique issues that face us in South Walton.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Thank you Bob. I found the 2 cases about nepotism. So I infer one or more of the candidates is a nepotist or a potential one? I suppose you are reluctant to name names. From @einnadica post it appears to be county adminitrator larry Jones and BCC candidate Larry Jones are brother in law. Is that nepotism? How?
I understand when a county "boss" is over a relative who is an employee. Hiring or giving favor to that relative. Is it relevant if it is an election of a relative? Is the implication that Larry Jones would help Stewart get elected or give him favor once elected?
Just wondering if this is a real concern or just a continuation of the incestuous nature of walton politics. Lord knows the good ole boy way is alive and well here and the worst cases are in plain sight with or without nepotism. Let us speak plainly so us voters know the score.
I believe that the nepotism issue has been addressed by the ethics commission. I am also sure this will be an issue that will be brought up frequently. I also think that a Candidate should be able and willing to discuss it with those who may consider supporting him and explain the process he will use to ensure he avoids a conflict.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Boots has more character in his little toe than someone who would judge a candidate based on a picture.
My vote is sealed for Boots, but my question for the other District 1 candidates is how concerned are they with the vast portion of D1 north of the bay? What will they do for Freeport? Bruce? Red Bay? Do they even know anyone from Bruce or Red Bay?
Boots does...and he also understands that Point Washington and Inlet Beach are also in his district, and the unique issues that face us in South Walton.
Call me old fashioned I judge people by the company they keep. And in this case proud of it.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Call me old-fashioned, but I judge people by how long I've known them and where from. Yes, I know Boots McCormick. We graduated from Freeport High (different years; his brother Doug was in my class) and he and my husband spent many years together in the Criminal Investigations Division of the WCSO. Most recently he served on the Freeport City Council. When you are in politics it helps to know your representatives, and there is certainly nothing wrong with being Republican.
I don't know the other candidates except for write-in Robert Davenport, who is also a friend but I heard earlier today that he bowed out. I haven't verified that with him personally so take that with a grain of salt.