• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Call me old-fashioned, but I judge people by how long I've known them and where from. Yes, I know Boots McCormick. We graduated from Freeport High (different years; his brother Doug was in my class) and he and my husband spent many years together in the Criminal Investigations Division of the WCSO. Most recently he served on the Freeport City Council. When you are in politics it helps to know your representatives, and there is certainly nothing wrong with being Republican.
I don't know the other candidates except for write-in Robert Davenport, who is also a friend but I heard earlier today that he bowed out. I haven't verified that with him personally so take that with a grain of salt.
SOE website says Mr Davenport has withdrawn.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Call me old fashioned I judge people by the company they keep. And in this case proud of it.
If you judge all folks by who they support politically you may limit who you can vote for. I have many Friends who are supporters of the President and I can assure you my friends list would probably fall to less than 10 and would lose all my family if I didn't keep it somewhat separate.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
Update 6/17/20 by Dotty Nist, The DeFuniak Herald - Beach Breeze

Three seats on the Walton County Board of County Commissioners (BCC) will be decided in the 2020 elections, the District 1, District 3, and District 5 seats.

District 1 incumbent Bill Chapman is not running for re-election, nor is District 3 incumbent Melanie Nipper.

District 5 incumbent Tony Anderson (Republican) has qualified to run for re-election. Other candidates seeking election to the BCC District 5 seat include Republicans Vanessa Goodson, a Santa Rosa Beach resident, and Deborah (Debbie) Heard, a Rosemary Beach resident, along with Dr. Carolynn Zonia, Democrat, of Santa Rosa Beach.

Two candidates, both Republicans and residents of the DeFuniak Springs area, will vie for the BCC District 3 seat. These are Mike Barker and Teddy Stewart.

Four candidates are seeking election to the BCC District 1 seat. There is one write-in candidate, Robert Davenport of the Freeport area. The remaining candidates, all Republicans, include Santa Rosa Beach resident Philip Cryar, Santa Rosa Beach resident Lisa Johnson, and Freeport resident William (Boots) McCormick.

With no candidates having qualified to challenge the incumbents in the races for Walton County Clerk of Courts, Walton County Sheriff, Walton County Superintendent of Schools, and Walton County Tax Collector, incumbents Alex Alford, Michael A. Adkinson, Alton Russell Hughes, and Rhonda Skipper will have new terms in those constitutional offices.

Walton County Property Appraiser Patrick Pilcher is not seeking re-election, and two candidates, both Republicans, have qualified to run for that office. These are DeFuniak Springs resident Sandra Carter and north Walton County resident Gary Gregor.

The date for the 2020 Primary Election is Aug. 18, with deadline to register to vote or change parties July 20. The 2020 General election is set for Nov. 3, with deadline to register to vote Oct. 5.

More information on candidates, along with information on other offices to be decided in the 2020 elections and on voting is available on the website of Walton County Supervisor of Elections Bobby Beasley, www.votewalton.com, or by calling 892-8112 or 622-0744.

Who’s running for county offices? – The Defuniak Herald & Beach Breeze