• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
And it's a free for all. I feel sorry for resrtauarnts and bars being singled out. But I guess they're doing whatever they want anyhow.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
June 11

Gov. Ron DeSantis announces plan for reopening Florida Schools

Today, June 11, Governor Ron DeSantis unveiled a plan that expects K-12 schools to reopen in August at "full-capacity". The plan provides health and instructional recommendations for reopening Florida’s schools, aligned to the executive direction of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, the Re-Open Florida Task Force’s Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan, the Florida Department of Health (FDOH) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). You can view the full state plan and recommendations by clicking the button below.

DeSantis said the CARES Act provides nearly $475 million in funding for education. Click here for the full plan.

http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001Bs1K...vvD3UtfpucBa3apbqUduZv-nSAsy1KdkuazN79jFi6A==

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Nah. The point of the shutdown was to keep hospitals from getting overwhelmed wasn’t it? Keep an eye on that trend perhaps, and deaths as they aren’t affected by testing. Also ocally things seem very under control still.
View attachment 84269
Hospital load is only one part of it.We are also concerned with health, deaths, and being able to fully get past the pandemic so that we can get back to normal. Premature opening may prolong problems and prevent important businesses from recovering like air travel, transportation, sports, etc. If schools can't operate in the Fall then parents won't be able to go to work and university towns will die.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Hospital load is only one part of it.We are also concerned with health, deaths, and being able to fully get past the pandemic so that we can get back to normal. Premature opening may prolong problems and prevent important businesses from recovering like air travel, transportation, sports, etc. If schools can't operate in the Fall then parents won't be able to go to work and university towns will die.
All very reasonable. There is also the real possibility that we have to figure out how to live with this thing. Prematurely shutting back down carries its own risks. Shutting down, even if needed, also carries risks as we see with the civil unrest and a host of other ailments.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
All very reasonable. There is also the real possibility that we have to figure out how to live with this thing. Prematurely shutting back down carries its own risks. Shutting down, even if needed, also carries risks as we see with the civil unrest and a host of other ailments.
Civil unrest? People with military weapons in the state capitol? Lack of income is bad but so is the real possibility of dying after a trip to the grocery. Look at other countries who shut down completely and now they are in a good place.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
Civil unrest? People with military weapons in the state capitol? Lack of income is bad but so is the real possibility of dying after a trip to the grocery. Look at other countries who shut down completely and now they are in a good place.
To questions 1 and 2 -Yes! And yes! If you are dying after a trip to the grocery, then you are doing it wrongly. Like where the doors were welded shut on families? Hyperbole and panic always help, try more of each.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
To questions 1 and 2 -Yes! And yes! If you are dying after a trip to the grocery, then you are doing it wrongly. Like where the doors were welded shut on families? Hyperbole and panic always help, try more of each.
People are dying. Not hyperbole. I'm not concerned about my own death it will come and I am OK with that. What I see on our streets is the opposite of panic.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
People are dying. Not hyperbole. I'm not concerned about my own death it will come and I am OK with that. What I see on our streets is the opposite of panic.
They are indeed. That was not the hyperbole to which I was referring. How very Samurai of you. Like the hyperbole, the panic I was referring to was yours. All due respect