• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ASRBeachBum

Beach Comber
Jan 13, 2017
30A
T-Mobile's numerous dead zones along 30A are making me crazy. Their network also seems to get overly stressed during tourist season. Looking for input from others. Is Verizon or AT&T any better in our area?

tailwagger

Beach Fanatic
Dec 9, 2004
Good question because in the past verizon and AT&T about equal except peak season when AT&T gets clogged. Or has in the past. Not sure if this has been corrected.
But AT&T also putting in 5G towers along 30A now. You could ask them about when available and coverage but take the answers with a pound of salt.
I used verizon in the past without issues and now use Google Fi and happy with it. Android only though.

mrs.rocket

Beach Lover
Aug 19, 2007
I’ve had Verizon for just about forever and never had any issues with service or spotty areas on 30a.

30ASRBeachBum

Beach Comber
Jan 13, 2017
30A
Thanks everyone for your input. Overall, it looks like Verizon is the best bet for me. Keeping a signal while working along 30A is critical for me. Love the idea of Google Fi, but I'm leery of the shared T-Mobile network.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
Thanks everyone for your input. Overall, it looks like Verizon is the best bet for me. Keeping a signal while working along 30A is critical for me. Love the idea of Google Fi, but I'm leery of the shared T-Mobile network.
I don't have a problem wth Fi. It's android only though if you're an iFool.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
There’s a “dead zone” that runs East-west (or vice-versa) thru Point Washington with Verizon. I think it is due to electronic warfare between SOCOM in FWB and Tyndall....