• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BlueMtnBeachVagrant

Beach Fanatic
Jun 20, 2005
Smiling JOe said:
Okay, I think I found some serious answers to the questions of the effects of seawalls being installed on the beach. See video clip. I think it is self explanatory.

What the hell is wrong with you SJ ???? !!!! ????

Talking about off topic!

What a weak point to support your idea of wave reflection theory with all that soft tissue jiggling going on!! Maybe you're not off topic after all.

Just simply put... I'm disappointed in you...
in making me laugh like crazy. :rotfl:

Shared this with the grandkids this morning. They want to see it a 3rd time. Looks like that kid's got a future.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
katie blue said:
Update on concrete wall, if anyone's interested:

Aaparently the county was already on top of it, as there was already an investigation underway. This was forwarded me minutes ago from a neighbor who received this email from Walton County today:

"This is a follow-up e-mail concerning the concrete wall that is being placed at Sand Cliff Condos. Officer Mark Kelley has been assigned to this case. After the initial site investigation and additional photos taken, a Stop Work Order has been placed on site. The cliff was destroyed by the digging and no further work is to be done until the Department of Environmental Protection has evaluated the cliff destruction and the concrete wall. Also advised them to contact Gerry Demers, Walton County Deputy Building Official concerning certain issues he has with this concrete wall. If our office can be of further assistance or provide additional information please do not hesitate to contact us. We will keep this case open and re-inspect accordinglyuntil the necessary steps have been taken."

I recently heard that the stop work order was lifted on this project and the wall is continuing to be built. Apparently there are truck loads of gravel behind the blocks. Does anyone know anything further about this wall? Is it really continuing?

Wu

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2005
BlueMtnBeachVagrant said:
What the hell is wrong with you SJ ???? !!!! ????

Prescription of mind altering pill no substitute for oxygen. :D

aquaticbiology

fishlips
May 30, 2005
redneck heaven
Wu said:
Prescription of mind altering pill no substitute for oxygen. :D

as most sayings with morals go, that one has a morel of truth under the tree! :love:

"the mind-brain interface, is a really spooky frightening place" - dr who (jon pertwee)

you must also understand my pov of having sold the stables, and two-fisting during any bar fight :drool:

OFF TOPIC: do they still have those flavored oxygen bars where you could get a snoot full for 5 bucks? saw one once in a movie (i think).

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
This is a picture taken at the Blue Mountain Beach access looking west on April 8,2006.

The wind was on shore. Below are the official weather recordings at PC airport at that time. 2:53 PM, Cloudy 76?F, Wind from WSW at 16mph.

There were no extreme conditions such as a gale, TS or Hurricane

This specific location does not represent the entire Blue Mountain Beach area.

However, this particular area will be interesting to monitor as the so called ?canary in the coal mine? to observe any adverse effect of seawalls on the beach.

In a real storm there is little doubt that the water will reach this seawall and then we can see the results for ourselves.

Hypothesis: The preponderance of evidence strongly suggests that when a storm surge reaches a seawall it will either destroy it or scour away the beach in front of it and affect adjoining non armored properties.

click on image to enlarge

Cork On the Ocean

directionally challenged
ecopal said:
In a real storm there is little doubt that the water will reach this seawall and then we can see the results for ourselves.

Hypothesis: The preponderance of evidence strongly suggests that when a storm surge reaches a seawall it will either destroy it or scour away the beach in front of it and affect adjoining non armored properties.

click on image to enlarge

How sad this is. THIS IS NO JUDGEMENTS ANYBODY! :rotfl: Do they cover it up with sand or something cause it does destroy the "natural" look of the beach. I just think of the beaches in the south of the France done with rocks.

Aquatic - I used to work for the state division that regulated distribution of rx drugs that were not through medical channels. O2 is a prescription drug in this state. We looked at a couple and shut them down because they were using H tanks without controlled flowed valves. The only way they could do it legally here was to use mada tanks (small ones) with a fixed flow valve. These are "emergency oxygen" and not prescription in this state. Technically, the unauthorized distribution of a prescription in Florida is a felony but all the chiefs with my ex-dept just got ousted (a personal success for the agents that worked for them :D ) so nobody is watching the henhouse right now.

ecopal

Beach Fanatic
Apr 26, 2005
April 11, 2006 at Montgomery Street beach in Seagrove.

Work continues on monster worm installation.

This is looking west from S. Greenwood Ave. beach access.

Seagrove Villas is the next property to the west and is not involved in this excavation.

click on picture to enlarge: