• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Did this last report come with any details about why the numbers shot up from 1 to 32 in one day? I know I’m a stickler for logical explanations but numbers like these really invite more questions than they provide answers.
Walton County Emergency Management understands that the Rapid testing results being conducted by private labs and practices are not included in the State dashboard. WCEM is working with the State Department of Health, Department of Health-Walton and Doc Smiley’s office to establish a process to get these numbers included in the State reports.

We will probably have to work through a transition where they start incorporating private lab data. It would hope that means also adding some past data if it wasn't included and if if does we will see a big shift in numbers.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
We will probably have to work through a transition where they start incorporating private lab data. It would hope that means also adding some past data if it wasn't included and if if does we will see a big shift in numbers.
Maybe we all are getting fixated on the numbers. I know we have an innate need to try to grasp the facts. The battles on social media about "this study and that study" are getting so absurd. Everyone has to understand we are in a crisis, and we have to put aside petty differences of opinion and pull together. When you see people like Mitch McConnel and Mike Pence and all the Secret Service officers wearing masks, that should tell you that this is real. I doubt there will ever be a way to understand and believe the numbers, especially the ones coming from South Florida, so we just have to just concentrate on getting everyone to star wearing masks. It may sound trivial to some people, but it really is just about all we can do. We have to not get militant about it. Perhaps just handing them out in front of Publix and see if we get some takers. I don't know, but I felt like putting in my 2 cents.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
July 1

Walton County Emergency Operations Center - Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update

Today, Walton County has 14 additional positive cases.

• 45-yr-old male Florida resident
• 27-yr-old male Florida resident
• 21-yr-old female Florida resident
• 55-yr-old female Florida resident
• 28-yr-old male Florida resident
• 66-yr-old male Florida resident
• 37-yr-old female Florida resident
• 66-yr-old female Florida resident
• 31-yr-old female Florida resident
• 63-yr-old female Florida resident
• 55-yr-old male Florida resident
• 20-yr-old female Florida resident
• 37-yr-old female Florida resident
• 60-yr-old female Florida resident

Walton County's has had 4,744 tests conducted resulting in 257 positives and 4,482 negatives. There has been a total of 9 deaths. There is currently 1 hospitalization due to COVID-19 in Walton County. Walton County’s current percent positive stands at 5.42%

New Negative Data Information: Beginning today, and going forward, Walton County’s reported negative testing number will include the 1,192 negative tests that received through the Department of Health-Walton’s drive-thru testing that occurred in the past. These numbers are not included on the State of Florida COVID-19 Dashboard at this time.

Reminder: These numbers include all collections done by DOH-Walton that are sent to state labs for testing as well as all non-Rapid test positives reported by private labs. Total testing and negative testing numbers do not include all testing by private labs as they may not be submitting, and are not required to submit, those numbers to the state. Due to epidemiology and contact tracing, Walton County’s numbers may be slightly different then the State Database.

****Walton County Emergency Management understands that the Rapid testing results being conducted by private labs and practices are not included in the State dashboard. WCEM is working with the State Department of Health, Department of Health-Walton and Doc Smiley’s office to establish a process to get these numbers included in the State reports.****

Updated demographic information on cumulative cases.

• DeFuniak Springs (110)
• Santa Rosa Beach (67)
• Freeport (20)
• Miramar Beach (18)
• Ponce de Leon (4)
• Paxton-Laurel Hill (1)
• Panama City (1)
• Gaskin (1)
• Westville (1)
• Non-Residents (33)

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The Experience Community Coronavirus Dashboard seems to be down. Does anybody know why?

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
A LOT of bodies at public walkover between Seaside and Watercolor. No room with more than arms-length in any direction. Grayton was busy, but manageable. In 23 years of being here I’ve never see it so packed...with little or no protection. We are set for waves we won’t enjoy...

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
July 3

Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update

Today, Walton County has 9 more positives for a total of 294. The dashboard is currently incorrectly showing 295.

Detailed chart information will be released following the July 4th holiday.

• Walton County (294) cases include: DeFuniak Springs (125), Freeport (23), Gaskin (1), Laurel Hill-Paxton (1), Miramar Beach (24), Santa Rosa Beach (77), Ponce de Leon (5), Westville (1), Panama City Beach (1), Inlet Beach (2), Destin (1), and Out-of-state tested in Walton County (33). Male (135) and Female (159).

• Current Hospitalizations (3). There have been nine local deaths with confirmed COVID-19. Data in this report are provisional and subject to change due to epidemiological investigation.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
How many tests? The Experience Community Coronavirus Dashboard says 323 cases for Walton County.