• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
There's a lot of rude, obnoxious car drivers too. I've been behind plenty of folks in vehicles going under 25 mph on 30A, on vacation, enjoying the view, etc. It doesn't matter what the method of transportation is, people will be people.

Thanks for sharing the video, PoppaJ! I'd like to see the speed limit lowered to 25 everywhere along 30A. As the numbers of pedestrians and cyclists increase on our paths, encouraging more use of LSVs and trolley/shuttle services instead of vehicles makes sense. I'd like to see more LSV specific parking by TDC and local businesses. If you are looking for speed, just hit a connector road to 98. For me, even as a resident, turning onto 30A is a momentary vacation...slow down, windows open, breathe in the fresh salty air.
I would bet you own a golf cart and drive it on 30A..technically it’s illegal because 30A is a county highway..I do agree with you about the gawkers on 30A who go 10 miles an hour and the Weeknd bicyclers. They fit in the same category as golf carts..all of this going on on a two-lane highway with a gazillion vehicles: cars, bicycles, golf carts you can’t have it all people. 30A needs to have either golf carts or cars and a real functioning multiple stop transit system . The TDC needs to stop spending bed tax money on marketing to gazillions of tourists and kick in some of it to fund public transportation

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Florida laws are very specific about golf carts/LSVs. Enforcement is the problem. I personally think the speed limit on 30A was lowered to accommodate them.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Florida laws are very specific about golf carts/LSVs. Enforcement is the problem. I personally think the speed limit on 30A was lowered to accommodate them.
Yes the speed limit has been systematically lowered all over SoWal for golf carts (LSVs are golf carts with a few safety features). As I recall LSVs have to be able to achieve 25mph. Some do but I've never seen one go over that. Most can barely get up a slight slope better then 15mph,especially when low on battery. The fact is that most golf carts in SoWal travel at 15mph at best.

outofadream

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2008
I totally agree with you Jodi ENFORCEMENT is nonexistent..yes the speed limit was lowered to accommodate the nuisance of golf carts. Maybe someone should start posting a few photos on this site of the bad behavior and disregard for Florida laws of the road that’s taking place on golf carts… Many drivers are driving these carts carrying numbers of children while they and other passengers are holding alcoholic open containers. Some or none are wearing seatbelts You are in deep trouble if stopped while driving a car if breaking these laws!

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I would bet you own a golf cart and drive it on 30A..technically it’s illegal because 30A is a county highway..I do agree with you about the gawkers on 30A who go 10 miles an hour and the Weeknd bicyclers. They fit in the same category as golf carts..all of this going on on a two-lane highway with a gazillion vehicles: cars, bicycles, golf carts you can’t have it all people. 30A needs to have either golf carts or cars and a real functioning multiple stop transit system . The TDC needs to stop spending bed tax money on marketing to gazillions of tourists and kick in some of it to fund public transportation

FDOT's 30A designation is a state road. It's not a highway. There are one or two sections that share roadway with 98 that do fall into highway status but not along the coast.

I do, however, share all your frustrations...

Angelea

Beach Comber
Jun 16, 2014

Nope. I do not own a golf cart or an LSV.

And please note that LSVs are allowed on 30A. Non-street legal golf cars are not. Of course, we all know that there's an enforcement issue. Agreed that it's time for focus to shift to public transportation solutions instead of adding more beach accesses.

VPBATMAN

Beach Crab
Mar 31, 2022
INLET
Its obvious the parents of these kids are to blame.
We have lost a privilege because visiting entitled families don't think the rules apply to them.

bob1

Beach Fanatic
Jun 26, 2010
Its obvious the parents of these kids are to blame.
We have lost a privilege because visiting entitled families don't think the rules apply to them.
What privilege was lost?

I'd say the morons who allowed golf carts on public road are to blame. Roads are for cars, not toys.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
What privilege was lost?

I'd say the morons who allowed golf carts on public road are to blame. Roads are for cars, not toys.

That'd be the Florida legislature. I agree they are primarily idiots.