• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
This is the WC Emergency Operations Report for yesterday. The positivity rate for the last week is 22%. About a month ago it was around 7%. The positivity rate for Florida is 33%

107700656_4069695763071472_3931315124084207971_n.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
July 11
Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update:

Today, Walton County has 55 more positives for a total of 538. Detailed chart information will be released on Monday. If we receive any additional information from DOH-Walton today, we will post it when it is received.

SoWal Staff

Serving the Community!
Staff member
Apr 14, 2006
South Walon, FL
SoWal.com
Citizen Request on Tuesday's BCC Agenda:

Samantha Hope Herring -Request BCC action to mandate wearing of face masks indoors in WaltonCounty

Covid-19 cases are soaring in Florida. As a county dependent on tourism it is especially important that we do all we can to prevent the spread of Covid-19. When we all wear masks indoors it creates a safer place for our visitors and those who live and work in Walton County. Many surrounding counties including Escambia, Santa Rosa, Leon, Franklin, and Duvall have implemented county ordinances mandating masks.

While no solution is perfect, we know that our Federal and State Government have placed the responsibility on local governments toinstitute such mandates. Thank you for your consideration of this matter, working together to reduce the number of cases will help all visiting, working, and living here in Walton county. Working along with other counties will help any further shutdowns as we navigate thru this very tough time. Erring on the side of public health and safety is prudent according to the medical community and cdc.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Just yesterday, on Facebook, I read several posts from friends of mine, telling their stories about they have now contracted covid-19, and, even though it has been intellectually real to me for many months, now it has hit very close to home, and is very emotionally real. Please stay safe and continue to urge everyone to wear masks in public.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Just yesterday, on Facebook, I read several posts from friends of mine, telling their stories about they have now contracted covid-19, and, even though it has been intellectually real to me for many months, now it has hit very close to home, and is very emotionally real. Please stay safe and continue to urge everyone to wear masks in public.
I haven’t seen it on Facebook but in real life, the first few cases in folks I see on a semi regular basis. For me personally, Facebook wouldn’t necessarily have brought it home to me, though a phone call likely would. Call me old fashioned. I mistrust people where wide spread attention and drama are concerned and FB is still on my computer screen. Anyhow, the news that someone I see often is virus affected was certainly disconcerting and troubling for their sake and mine. My reflexive action, due to a constant barrage of hysteria, was to mourn them. I feel I really owe it to them to wait and see though because as of now it is simply manifesting as sniffles not gruesome death. Thanks for bringing this up LVT and I’d ask if you would update us on the outcomes of those you know personally? I will do the same on those in my circle and encourage anyone to do similarly. It would be nice to have real stories from folks I believe and I can trust, who have no agenda except to keep us safe and see this thing done. For selfish and altruistic reasons I am obviously hoping for positive outcomes for all.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I haven’t seen it on Facebook but in real life, the first few cases in folks I see on a semi regular basis. For me personally, Facebook wouldn’t necessarily have brought it home to me, though a phone call likely would. Call me old fashioned. I mistrust people where wide spread attention and drama are concerned and FB is still on my computer screen. Anyhow, the news that someone I see often is virus affected was certainly disconcerting and troubling for their sake and mine. My reflexive action, due to a constant barrage of hysteria, was to mourn them. I feel I really owe it to them to wait and see though because as of now it is simply manifesting as sniffles not gruesome death. Thanks for bringing this up LVT and I’d ask if you would update us on the outcomes of those you know personally? I will do the same on those in my circle and encourage anyone to do similarly. It would be nice to have real stories from folks I believe and I can trust, who have no agenda except to keep us safe and see this thing done. For selfish and altruistic reasons I am obviously hoping for positive outcomes for all.
Just parenthetically, I can see why some people would prefer to just announce it on FB rather than agonize over who they should call and whether the response might get too emotional.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
This is real! My daughter and family live Destin. Her husband and 10 yr old daughter both tested positive in June...both were asymptomatic. Daughter and 7 yr old son were negative . They have now been cleared by the Health Department and are out of quarantine. On another note, by the time my daughter got her test results 14 days had passed. Thanks Okaloosa Cty Health Dept!!! Her kids were tested by their pediatrician and had results in 3-4 days. Husband tested at Sacred Heart prior to an elective procedure...results in less than 24 hrs.
At any rate they are all fine.
Wearing a mask is of the utmost importance. I don't understand why people choose not to.
Florida reported more than 15, 000 new cases on Sunday.
Oh, and just last week a neighbor who was walking to the beach said a teenage girl on a bike pulled over beside her and coughed in her face. What is wrong with people??????

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
July 12

Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update:
Today, Walton County has 23 more positives for a total of 561. Detailed chart information will be released on Monday.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
July 13

Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update: Today, Walton County has 20 more positives for a total of 582.

Please note: With the increase in COVID-19 cases, the Department of Health in Walton County will be suspending municipality reporting. To see COVID-19 cases by zip code, please refer to the Florida DOH Dashboard: Experience

FB_IMG_1594682767762.jpg