• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
A few thoughts:
This shouldn't be funded by taxpayers.
A sweet deal for certain building owners / tenants.
If public funds are going to be used, should be TDC funds.
Anything is better than valet parking in Grayton Beach.
Grayton Beach is way too crowded.
It only took 20 years to ruin South Walton.

I heard something about parking in Grayton Beach now is only for residents and renters?

Regarding the parking, the existing parking on Hotz Ave will be closed off except for loading/unloading and handicapped spots.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
I am sure that Emergency Vehicles will at least be able to access the area during the busy months.

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
I understand the pain of residents with increase in traffic every year but closing all parking is ridiculous. And Imagine you're a small business owner and with no warning you arrive one morning to see that.

If parking is to be removed from Grayton Beach then let's use the parking spaces as sidewalk cafe table area and garden areas. Maybe with a bit of bricked parallel parking like on 30A and across from Hibiscus.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
It's not clear what the criteria for success is for this "experiment," nor is it clear what the plans for the future will look like. I encourage everyone who enjoys Grayton Beach to speak up and contact your commissioners about this and other improvements that could be made, like public restrooms, more bike parking, etc. We need input from the entire community.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I wonder who is responsible for and how much the liability insurance is to run a service like this. County has mandated it but La Dolce is the one running the service. Is the county getting a discount for all the free advertising La Dolce is getting? What type of business license does La Dolce operate under? So many questions.....
PS..Just to let you know..I DID do a license search and the only thing that comes up is a beverage license. Not the type that I think would be required to haul the public around on a public street on an open vehicle. Dont you have to have like a taxi license to do that? Hope our county attorney did his homework on this.

Last edited: