• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
May 15 - June 15 average 2.5 cases per day positivity rate 4%
June 15 - July 15 average 16 cases per day positivity rate 12%
July 7 - July 15 (Last week) average 35 cases per day positivity rate 19%

These statistics were taken from the Walton County Emergency Operations reports, and I did the math myself.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
Take a knee Jenksy...no need to sit on your butt and criticize me. You can spout off there as well then. I didn’t start the commentary and a couple of you won’t leave it alone, I’m eager to let the commentary and amateur interpretation be on the other thread and this be purely data.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
We all got side tracked. Lets go back to Updates and Data on this thread. I do appreciate all the personal stories. Maybe administrators can move them to the discussion thread.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Please post all or excerpt article or at least wut/why. Positng links only not cool many of us can't access.
Basic netiquette. :wave:
Good point - Here you go:

The state of Florida reported Wednesday it had exceeded 300,000 COVID-19 cases. It became the third state to cross that grim milestone, behind New York and California, and did so only 10 days after surpassing the 200,000 mark on July 5.

Another 112 Florida residents died Wednesday as a result of the lethal coronavirus.

Locally, Okaloosa County, Santa Rosa County and Bay County all topped the 1,500 mark for number of cases reported. Panama City alone is now reporting 1,008 cases, while Milton has 628 and Fort Walton Beach has 539.

As of July 10, the four county region that includes Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Walton and Bay counties reported 255 COVID-19 cases in persons under the age of 18. Santa Rosa had 108, Okaloosa 61, Bay 49 and Walton 37.

STATEWIDE

Total cases: 301,810, +10,781

Total Florida resident deaths: 4,521, +112

Non-resident deaths: 105

Below are the numbers for each county in the Daily News coverage area, plus a city-by-city breakdown of their positive cases.

SANTA ROSA COUNTY

Total cases: 1,522, +111

Deaths: 11

Hospitalizations: 83

---

Milton: 628, +57

Gulf Breeze: 296, +14

Navarre: 257, +9

Pace: 149, +7

Jay: 52, +7

Pensacola Beach: 6, no change

Missing, 124, +17

Bagdad, 1

--- --- ---

OKALOOSA COUNTY

Total cases: 1,523, +87

Deaths: 10, unchanged

Hospitalizations: 83, +2

---

Fort Walton Beach: 539, +22

Crestview: 305, +19

Destin: 228, +7

Niceville: 169, +22

Mary Esther: 83, +6

Shalimar: 92, +7

Baker: 27, +0

Eglin AFB: 12, +1

Valparaiso: 11, +0

Laurel Hill: 14, +0

Holt: 6, +1

Missing, 23 +0

Hurlburt Field , 1

--- --- ---

WALTON COUNTY

Total cases: 649, +27

Deaths: 10

Hospitalizations: 41, +1

---

DeFuniak Springs: 234, +4

Santa Rosa Beach: 186, +13

Miramar Beach: 53, +5

Freeport: 60, +3

Inlet Beach: 19, +0

Missing, 21 +1

Destin: 5

Ponce de Leon, 4, +1

Watersound, 1

Westville, 1

Point Washington, 1

Seacrest, 1

--- --- ---

BAY COUNTY

Total cases: 1,523, +93

Deaths: 8

Hospitalizations: 56 +0

---

Panama City: 1,008, +65

Panama City Beach: 219, +12

Lynn Haven: 159, +10

Southport: 28, +1

Youngstown: 20, +2

Callaway: 9, +0

Fountain: 11, +1

Missing, 14

Tyndall AFB, 4, +0

Parker, 1

Mexico Beach, 2, +1

Bayou George, 1

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
You question my earlier posting's punctuation:

You end those both with question marks. This implies lack of confidence in your ability to “do the math” or perhaps scoffing at your conclusions. I took it to mean the second, scoffing at your conclusions, and that you didn’t find “ONE DEATH”, as you put it in caps, as terrifying as we are to feel. Perhaps in the future don’t use question marks when making a statement, it makes it appear you are drawing conclusions when your response seems to indicate you are just presenting data.

Gordo boy, the question marks were my invitation for some other forum user to independently corroborate my conclusions, considering the disparate state COVID data that has been posted in multiple websites and dashboards. If you decide you want to confirm my findings, please do. If you're not familiar with statistical covariance and normalizing statistically small data sets, corroboration is an accepted practice, but apparently not in your skillset. Thank you for the troll.

As for question marks? What is improper about using question marks??????????

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
To those posting personal experiences with COVID, my sympathies and thanks.....

Sympathy, for what you and yours are going through....

Thanks, for sharing your symptoms and current conditions with us. In the evening news, it seems only the worst possible outcomes get "newsworthy attention". It is difficult to get real info about those with mild COVID cases. Your postings help fill the gap, and offer some assurance what the worst outcome is not the most prevalent. I find comfort in your comments, and continue to wish you the best and speedy recovery. These are trying times for all of us.....

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
July 16
Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update:

Today, Walton County has 44 more positives for a total of 693.

A few notes for today's posts:

1️⃣: All information collected for these reports comes directly from the Florida Department of Health, Department of Health in Walton County and ACHA (Agency for Health Care Administration). Walton County Emergency Management is sharing this information on behalf of these departments, not collecting or evaluating any of this information.

2️⃣: For complete transparency, you are able to see all of the reports we see through the links below:

▪️ FDOH Dashboard: Experience
▪️ FDOH COVID Latest Stats: Home
▪️ ACHA Hospital Statistics: Workbook: Public
▪️ DOH County Reports: https://bit.ly/3fzB1z6
▪️ Municipality/ Zip Code Search: Experience

3️⃣: You may notice a difference in the total number of "COVID Hospitalized" within this report. As of today, the Department of Health will now be reporting from the ACHA reports, which will be reporting ALL COVID hospitalizations within Walton County. For more information, please contact the DOH in Walton County.

4️⃣: As mentioned previously, with the increase in COVID cases, the Department of Health in Walton County will be suspending MUNICIPALITY/County area reporting. We will still be reporting total countywide positives.

To see COVID-19 cases by zip code, please refer to the Florida DOH Dashboard: Experience

And as always, please reach out if you have any questions. We are working TIRELESSLY to provide the most clear and accurate information possible.

FB_IMG_1594930663078.jpg

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
July 17

Walton County Joint Information Center - COVID-19 Case Update:

Today, Walton County has 31 more positives for a total of 727.

A few notes for today's posts:

1️⃣: All information collected for these reports comes directly from the Florida Department of Health, Department of Health in Walton County and ACHA (Agency for Health Care Administration). Walton County Emergency Management is sharing this information on behalf of these departments, not collecting or evaluating any of this information.

2️⃣: For complete transparency, you are able to see all of the reports we see through the links below:

▪️ FDOH Dashboard: Experience
▪️ FDOH COVID Latest Stats: Home
▪️ DOH County Reports: https://bit.ly/3fzB1z6
▪️ Municipality/ Zip Code Search: Experience

3️⃣: As stated yesterday, the Department of Health will now be reporting from the ACHA reports, which will be reporting ALL COVID hospitalizations within Walton County (compared to just Walton County residents hospitalized within the county). For more information, please contact the DOH in Walton County at (850) 892-8015.

4️⃣: As mentioned previously, with the increase in COVID cases, the Department of Health in Walton County will be suspending MUNICIPALITY/County area reporting. We will still be reporting total countywide positives.

To see COVID-19 cases by zip code, please refer to the Florida DOH Dashboard: Experience

5️⃣: Unfortunately at this time, the ACHA website is currently down and not allowing us to pull current hospital bed numbers. AS SOON as these numbers become available, we will list them in the comments below. As a reminder, this is a STATE report and is updated regularly throughout the day.

6️⃣: PER DOH in Walton County: An 88-year-old female diagnosed with COVID19 has died. There have been 11 deaths with confirmed COVID-19. Current COVID19 Hospitalizations in Walton County Hospitals (7) This data may include persons other than Walton County cases.

Included in total cases is 64 Walton County jail inmates located in DeFuniak Springs which are listed as DeFuniak Springs cases.

And as always, please reach out if you have any questions. We are working TIRELESSLY to provide the most clear and accurate information possible.

FB_IMG_1595024350207.jpg