• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

bentley williams

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
SoWal
I remember a dozen years ago when a candidate put up a big sign at 98 and 331 how shocking it was. People were aghast. I haven't seen too many until this year. They are appearing all over our roadsides. Just take a drive from 98 to Grayton Beach and there are more than 6.

Or are y'all OK with them? What if in future years we have hundreds of them? Aren't the thousands of yard signs bad enough?

I would like to see an amendment to whatever ordinance to ban these giant signs. Anyone know how to start? Perhaps that would also eliminate the giant realtor signs? Imagine if every house for sale and for rent had huge signs.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Campaign signs are exempt legally from many sign ordinances. I just don't vote for candidates that say want to appraise property, but don't know you can't put a campaign sign in a state forest or on a right of way.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
You must not remember when there were at least 20 if not more business / attraction signs at 331 & 98. The reason my cousin Gid has a raspy voice was that he ran the intersection, hit the signs, one snapped off and the splintered wood pole came through the windshield and nailed him in the voice box. Doctors said he would never talk again...but he does!