• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Thanks Dave!

The BCC pushed the issue again. Apparently there was some opposition from people worried about a tyrannical guvment.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
30-A communities implemented their own mask mandate
NEWS
by: Alexia Tsiropoulos

SOUTH WALTON COUNTY Fla. (WMBB) — Last week Walton County Commissioners did not move forward with a mask ordinance, but some 30-A communities do not agree.

Signs are lining 30-A asking visitors and employees to wear a mask to protect the community.

These are rules in place for Seaside’s mask mandate they have put in place.

“I am not antimask, I am anti mandate,” said a Walton County resident.

“We do not agree with a mask mandate,” said another.

After dozens of residents voiced their opinions at last week’s Walton County Commissioners meeting on the mask debate, commissioners chose not to enact a mask ordinance.

“I felt like I was risking my own health and safety to just come and speak to the county commissioners for them, to make health and safety a priority,” said Kerri Parker, Seaside’s Executive Director of Communications.

Parker also spoke to commissioners but feels like her voice was not heard.

“We are not a municipality,” said Parker. “But we have a commercial district, and we do make rules.”

Seaside has had its own mask mandate in place for visitors, and many other 30-A communities have followed suit.

“It did help others to take that step forward,” said Parker. “And say, you know what, if they can do it, we can do it too.”

Visitors are aware when they come to 30-A masks are necessary.

“So they are making us wear masks, said Raymond Sutton a visitor to the area. “It is not required but when we do go into stores, the store clerks are asking us to wear them.”

Seaside and other 30-A communities, like Rosemary Beach, expect their mask mandates to be in place for quite some time.

Parker said masks are important to help limit the spread of this virus and it is necessary for their community.

Members of the Seaside commercial district have not given up talking to Walton County Commissioners. Parker plans to speak to them again.

30-A communities implemented their own mask mandate | MyPanhandle.com | WMBB-TV

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
“I am not antimask, I am anti mandate,” said a Walton County resident.

“We do not agree with a mask mandate,” said another.

After dozens of residents voiced their opinions at last week’s Walton County Commissioners meeting on the mask debate, commissioners chose not to enact a mask ordinance.
I get so sick of the anti-science, anti-intellectual deep south mentality. But the beaches are nice,

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
It's amazing to me how science has been completely trampled for personal convenience and short sighted political gains. So harmful for the protection and recovery of our community.

Now our leading scientists and health professionals are being harassed and threatened all over the country. Several women have resigned to protect their families. What have we become? Anti intellectualism is just harmful to everyone in society.

Doing basic health precautions is easy and the most patriotic thing we can all do.

FB_IMG_1596814258340.jpg

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
I get so sick of the anti-science, anti-intellectual deep south mentality. But the beaches are nice,
Deep South Mentality. What are you talking about? These people (Trump supporters) exist in every State and every County in the US from Oregon to Massachusetts. I think you are a little prejudiced or politicized or just misinformed. Trump may be a businessman but he has found the mojo in divide and conquer politics. Trump is an opportunist and he found a weakness in the democratic party. I am as frustrated as you but grouping people and calling them names makes it all worse. I have at least one debate a week with someone who thinks the pandemic is nothing more than paranoia, who believes that Trump is a gift from God and believes that Trump unselfishly cares about their individual liberties. It is harmful but I stop short of calling it shameful because we have all been snookered into believing that two political parties will not use divide and conquer tactics. One day (hopefully soon) we will put take off the political shackles and think for ourselves. If you want Biden to win this election then stop making it easier for Trump. People vote primarily with their pocketbook and bible. For the life of me I do not know why healthcare is not in there but somehow it's not. So if you want to persuade Trump supporters (not "deep south mentality") to see the light then you must illuminate Trump's weaknesses while being respectful to their pocketbook and bible. Antagonizing a large group of people is the opposite of how you convince people that their savior is a false prophet...

liz coats

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Absolutely, What's needed is for us to be forced to lock ourselves down like all you "brilliant" individuals who are far above the "deep south mentality" that you speak of. I avoid crowds and wear a mask because I choose to and I don't don't go to bars and dine out during this time because I choose not to. If you hate the people of the Deep South so much, why don't you move? I hear it's nice in Minneapolis this time of year.