• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Checking the sowal.com beach cams nearly everyday, we've noticed a construction crane just west of the Coleman pavilion. Something being built on the (valuable) petanque park land? Thanks, Ellen (counting down again, October)

Joby

Beach Lover
May 12, 2010
Checking the sowal.com beach cams nearly everyday, we've noticed a construction crane just west of the Coleman pavilion. Something being built on the (valuable) petanque park land? Thanks, Ellen (counting down again, October)

Yes, a spec house which can be yours for a cool
11 million.
Check out this home at Realtor.com
$10,950,000
6beds · 7 baths
E County Hwy # 30A, Santa Rosa Beach

https://b1iw.app.link/YVK8Swv109

E County Hwy # 30 A, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459 - realtor.com®

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Thanks. Seldom saw anyone using the space. Too valuable. As bad as it is at Seaside with homes being torn down and rebuilt, it's worse in Grayton. Mexico Beach and south of there would have been our next beach vacation (after 30 years of visiting 30A - 20 years of staying) but after the hurricane. Might have to drive down that way one day next month when we visit again. Ellen

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
I find it very revealing when people dump on Seaside. It is a tourist resort and not everyone's cup of tea. But millions love it and I guess some people jut have to be contrary. And that people take the time to denigrate it shows that it engenders feeling.

@UofL Mexicon Beach to Alligator Point (and on around the bend a bit) is beautiful and wild. There are a few nice beaches but most of it is marsh and wilderness so not for everyone. I suppose it will all get developed soon unless sea level rise gets there first.

noledog

Beach Comber
Dec 23, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Thanks. Seldom saw anyone using the space. Too valuable. As bad as it is at Seaside with homes being torn down and rebuilt, it's worse in Grayton. Mexico Beach and south of there would have been our next beach vacation (after 30 years of visiting 30A - 20 years of staying) but after the hurricane. Might have to drive down that way one day next month when we visit again. Ellen

UofL

I had a friend that had a beautiful home on the Mexico Beach. It survived the hurricane much better than most and I recently looked at it via Google Maps. You can go from the map view to the satellite view and from there to the road view. You reach the road view by left clicking down to the closest view G Maps will go and then left clicking several times again and the map flips to road view. The road/street will have and arrow that can be clicked to move in that direction. You can change directions by mouse clicking and swinging the pointer. It is really neat. The road view is current Sept, 2019, except for a section that had been closed to traffic that still has a Nov. 2018 time stamp.

Try it out, lots to see on the rebuild and a lot more has been done since the Sept 2019 Google view.

Bruce aka noledog

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
UofL

I had a friend that had a beautiful home on the Mexico Beach. It survived the hurricane much better than most and I recently looked at it via Google Maps. You can go from the map view to the satellite view and from there to the road view. You reach the road view by left clicking down to the closest view G Maps will go and then left clicking several times again and the map flips to road view. The road/street will have and arrow that can be clicked to move in that direction. You can change directions by mouse clicking and swinging the pointer. It is really neat. The road view is current Sept, 2019, except for a section that had been closed to traffic that still has a Nov. 2018 time stamp.

Try it out, lots to see on the rebuild and a lot more has been done since the Sept 2019 Google view.

Bruce aka noledog
We check the google all the time. Thanks. And webcams. And we are down there a couple times a year. Just hadn't seen the construction next to Pizza restaurant. We were there last year when the house next to Tupelo pavilion was torn down. Now it is lived in. Owned by the guy who built the new one on 30A at East Ruskin?
Ellen