• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I've photographed this house many times over the years and big changes are happening now. Some of the old building is being retained.

washaway-framed.jpg

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
From current owner:

The “Washaway” structure was purchased by two couples, who are long time friends, and who have previously purchased and restored several properties in the 30A area, including Grayton Beach.

When purchased in March 2019, the “Washaway” house was approximately 2200 sqft., which included four bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.

We are planning to honor the original 1895 Homestead and have kept the original structure built by Major Gray. We will be reflecting its heritage in the exterior design, and interior finishes.

When completed, the house and Carriage House together will have seven bedrooms with eight bathrooms, with approximately 5600 sqft. It will retain its beautiful two story wrap-around porches, overlooking the sand dunes, unobstructed views of the gulf waters.

It will have three multi-vehicle garages located under the house, which will provide ample parking for the owners and guests. There will be a first level swimming pool and sundeck area that will give beautiful views of the beach, as well as, downtown. Six of the seven bedrooms will have ocean views.

We have designed a property to retain and even promote the Grayton Beach history. This property is truly the “Cornerstone of Grayton Beach“.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Early 2000 we stayed at Grayton Duplex (East) behind it. So many changes at Grayton. We ride our bikes over there from Seaside each visit. So many new big houses each time. We take photos each time we visit 30A never realizing how much would be torn down and replaced. Ellen

Dreamer

Beach Lover
Dec 29, 2014
Northwest Georgia
We purchased a lot in Grayton 20 yrs ago to build our retirement home. Used to love riding my bike thru Patrone's with my rescue golden mix following behind. It was peace on earth. My friend and I were actually staying in Grayton Duplex East when 9/11 happened. We don't even vacation in SoWal anymore. Sold the lot recently. They paved paradise and put up a parking lot!