• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
COVID – 19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions - Updated 1/8/2020

137311692_3901609529902614_1752234336436839381_o.jpg

137206804_3901609533235947_2377953634962407739_o.jpg

kwalsh0001

Beach Lover
Jul 26, 2006
SRB
'Sounds as though the Walton Co DOH has been reading my comments in this thread...... Things might be going in the proper direction.....

Also seems like Walton Co DOH is taking a lead from Bay and Okaloosa Counties--very similar strategy, addressing the same concerns....

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
'Sounds as though the Walton Co DOH has been reading my comments in this thread...... Things might be going in the proper direction.....

Also seems like Walton Co DOH is taking a lead from Bay and Okaloosa Counties--very similar strategy, addressing the same concerns....
This forum has been shown again and again to to be the tail that wags the dog.

SeaFern

Beach Lover
Dec 2, 2007
pt. washington & niceville
Please have patience with the County Health folks. They are doing pretty well under the circumstances and it's not their fault they received such a small amount of doses. I got lucky in calling for my elderly Mom. (I called 38x) She is headed to heart surgery this month, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for her vaccine ahead of yours. I know we all need one. One thing that is very positive...that so many of us want one! Having many of us vaccinated is going to help everyone! When my Mom got the vaccine she received an appt card with the exact time of her appt, but for the following month for her second shot. An easy way to keep track. I have only good things to say about the Walton County Health Dept. nurses and staff I interacted with while helping my Mom. Stay up to date with the Walton Health Dept website for the latest info. (Thanks Theresa!)

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Please have patience with the County Health folks. They are doing pretty well under the circumstances and it's not their fault they received such a small amount of doses. I got lucky in calling for my elderly Mom. (I called 38x) She is headed to heart surgery this month, so thank you from the bottom of my heart for her vaccine ahead of yours. I know we all need one. One thing that is very positive...that so many of us want one! Having many of us vaccinated is going to help everyone! When my Mom got the vaccine she received an appt card with the exact time of her appt, but for the following month for her second shot. An easy way to keep track. I have only good things to say about the Walton County Health Dept. nurses and staff I interacted with while helping my Mom. Stay up to date with the Walton Health Dept website for the latest info. (Thanks Theresa!)
We’re angry at the Governor. I got a recorded call today saying they were out. I suppose I will now get regular calls saying they are out.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
How many vaccines have gone into the arms of non-Florida residents and non-US citizens?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I honestly don't know the methods that the state DOH has used to help people get appointments to be vaccinated. It seems like Facebook seems to the major means, if not the only way that our office of Emergency Management has steered people to the county health department, and it's ill-fated phone line. On Monday, I was able to find a different line to call on the Emergency Management FB page, but that line proved to be unsatisfactory also. "Somebody" on FB directed me to a very minimal online registration site, and I was able to give them my contact information, and then I didn't hear from them again. Friday afternoon, I got a minimal email from Florida DOH, and all it said was for me to "confirm that you got this email". Nothing else. I'm relieved that I know they have my email, but they gave me no other info. No tentative time frame. Nada. My only suggestion is to contact Emergency Management through their FB site, and see if you can find a link to that online registration site. That's all I got.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
I honestly don't know the methods that the state DOH has used to help people get appointments to be vaccinated. It seems like Facebook seems to the major means, if not the only way that our office of Emergency Management has steered people to the county health department, and it's ill-fated phone line. On Monday, I was able to find a different line to call on the Emergency Management FB page, but that line proved to be unsatisfactory also. "Somebody" on FB directed me to a very minimal online registration site, and I was able to give them my contact information, and then I didn't hear from them again. Friday afternoon, I got a minimal email from Florida DOH, and all it said was for me to "confirm that you got this email". Nothing else. I'm relieved that I know they have my email, but they gave me no other info. No tentative time frame. Nada. My only suggestion is to contact Emergency Management through their FB site, and see if you can find a link to that online registration site. That's all I got.
I’ve never been a member of FB. I guess I’ll just shove a UV light up my butt and find the most savory household disinfectant and drink it.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
You are disgusting.
It’s advice from the highest level of government. Maybe I could dip into that pile of 63 million hydroxychloroquine tablets gathering dust in the US stockpile.

Last edited: