• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

southof30A

Beach Lover
Nov 23, 2004
Re: Dennis - damage reports

Pictures are from Capistrano - about a 1/2 mile west of Sand Cliffs (appropriately named...) and right next to Monterray. Dunes have cut back even further than Opal (1995).

30A

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
atl
www.my-beach.net
Amen. Guess we (Eastern 30A) dodged a bullet again and it looks like Pensacola got really lucky as well....

How is Eastern Lake and the beach around it? Did the old house at the Eastern Lake beach access do ok? And are Eastern Shores Condos ok? Thanks!

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
lollygal said:
Camp Creek Kid -- I guess the beachwalk at Sunset Beach is gone -- since we are hearing all are down . . . ?? Were you able to check that way?

I didn't check Sunset Beach (it was getting too dark) but all of the beach walkovers were damaged. Some are completely gone, others are probably post-Ivan condition.

TooFarTampa

SoWal Insider
How long did it take to rebuild walkovers after Ivan? I didn't pay attention because we were too busy drying out and fixing our house, which got socked because the contractors couldn't fix our roof leak before the storm hit. :blink:

Like others we are booked solid through August. Assuming we did better this time, what should we tell renters about likely beach access? Days, weeks, months? I'm sure those beached septic tanks won't help. :eek:

lhead5

Beach Crab
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove Beach After Dennis???

Does anyone know if the Seagrove Beach area is still standing or if the beach is gone? My family and I are supposed to stay at Dune Villas July 16-23. Is there any beach for us to go to? ANY information will be appreciated

TooFarTampa said:
How long did it take to rebuild walkovers after Ivan? I didn't pay attention because we were too busy drying out and fixing our house, which got socked because the contractors couldn't fix our roof leak before the storm hit. :blink:

Like others we are booked solid through August. Assuming we did better this time, what should we tell renters about likely beach access? Days, weeks, months? I'm sure those beached septic tanks won't help. :eek:

2-3 weeks at High Pointe in Seacrest Beach. If I remember correctly:dunno:

sunsetDreamin

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Any more info on Watersound and the surrounding beach? My family is staying there for the first time.We leave in about two weeks. :D Can you still acess the beach while the walkovers are being repaired?
We just -had- to have a hurricane two weeks before we go on vacation :bang:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.