• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dusty

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2005
Press Release Source: The St. Joe Company

JOE (NYSE:JOE) Resuming Normal Operations after Hurricane
Monday July 11, 9:55 am ET
Impact from Hurricane Dennis ``Minimal''

JACKSONVILLE, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 11, 2005--The St. Joe Company (NYSE:JOE - News) said today that normal operations are resuming after Hurricane Dennis made land-fall yesterday west of Navarre, Florida, about 60 miles from WaterColor. The impact of Hurricane Dennis on company operations and property was minimal.

JOE's beachfront developments in Walton County sustained some beach erosion, but no dunes were breeched, and there was no flooding in any JOE community. Preliminary indications are that there was only minor landscape damage to JOE projects in Walton, Bay and Gulf Counties.

"Fortunately, it appears Hurricane Dennis will have only minimal impact on our business operations," said Peter S. Rummell, JOE's chairman and CEO. "It is important to note that planning and preparation certainly played an important role."

The St. Joe Company, a publicly held company based in Jacksonville, is one of Florida's largest real estate operating companies. It is engaged in town, resort, commercial and industrial development, land sales and commercial real estate services. JOE also has significant interests in timber.

More information about JOE can be found at our web site at http://www.joe.com.

beachtraveller1

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Re: Dennis - damage reports

Just talked to a owner at the Adagio they are fine. Power is on and the only damage is the beach access walkway is gone. She said the walkover at Bella Vita is also gone.
We plan to go ahead and head down there today.

jakesfarm

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
My sis stayed at home on Cypress pond road, and I assume my brother is at home on Baird st near the elem school. Any info on the status of cell phones...I am not able to reach them. How is the flooding at Cypress pond?

She is in the last home on the left, barn and horses. Any info would be appreciated. I am bracing for flooding on our farm here in Asheville NC

Thanks,
Chris Sawyer

watercolormom

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
I just got confirmation on a Florida DOT website that residents and emergency vehicles are being allowed to get back in using the Hwy 331 bridge. My parents live in Seagrove and are heading there now from DeFuniak Springs. We have a house in WaterColor, which they will be checking on too, so I'll be able to report more later.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Passatfish said:
Hey!! Thanks for the response!! We are planning on heading down this Saturday, July 16th and staying through the following Sat. We are renting the Turtle Boy Cottage with my family (Wife and 2 kids) and my inlaws. I am going to call Beach Rentals of South Walton and see if there are any problems with us coing down on saturday. With my daughter being only 9 months, we will most likely be in the pool most of the time. So, I'm glad to here that it's in good shape!!

Where did you get your info from as to the condition of the community? Email me at adam.fishman@bellsouth.com if you would like!!

Also, I hope Hurricane Emily veers away from the Gulf Coast!!!!!

We'll be staying right next door to Turtle boy beginning July 18 (evening) and it will be good to meet you. I complete plan on relaxing and enjoying the community and 30A. I will miss the beach if I can't get there across the street, but I'm sure we'll find a beach not too far away (within a short drive). I tried to call Beach Rentals this morning to see what they are telling guests, but understandably haven't been able to get through.

Passatfish

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Paula said:
We'll be staying right next door to Turtle boy beginning July 18 (evening) and it will be good to meet you. I complete plan on relaxing and enjoying the community and 30A. I will miss the beach if I can't get there across the street, but I'm sure we'll find a beach not too far away (within a short drive). I tried to call Beach Rentals this morning to see what they are telling guests, but understandably haven't been able to get through.

Yup...I tried as well. One number goes fast busy and the toll free just rings. I'll try again later. I'm sure they are trying to sort everything out!!! :dunno:

tariail

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
If anyone happens to be going by the neighborhood of the Village of Sugar Beach behind Cafe 30A and Angelino's, we would appreciate any information, particularly as to our house, Emerald Escape, at 119 Sugar Sand Lane, light green house at end of street, corner lot. We boarded up this time. Last time water got in around the back downstairs windows and the upstairs french doors.

I hope all of you fared very well. Thanks to everyone who has reported information, and especially Kurt for all he does!

Tim

WaltonRoseDeal

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Our son is at a Nike Running Camp in Asheville, watching and expecting rains too.

Any word on the beaches east of Rosemary at Inlet Beach (Wall Street, Pompano, etc.)? I plan to come down this afternoon to check things out. I assume the walkover at Wall Street is out since Rosemary Beach's are gone.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.