• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sheila

SoWal Insider
DAWGFISH said:
Well, I leave the looks up to the ladies, but I think he is an outstanding athlete with a big career ahead of him. I love my barbeque sauce with a vinegar taste, would'nt have it any other way. We should all get together sometime and have a big tailgate party!

Seriously, he is very impressive! It is mind boggling that someone that young can be that awesome! I used to adore Steve Avery! Remember him????
Hey tailgating sounds like a plan!

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
To DAWGFISH: Thanks for the recipe. We'll try it! Mine are posted elsewhere on this message board. I need to add my daughter's new recipe for fish tacos with poblano and jalapeno cole slaw.

Last edited:

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
Definitely add the fish taco recipe. Haven't tried them yet, but I had lunch with a friend who had them at Hurricanes in Seaside and they looked fantastic (and she said they tasted fantastic). I have a pretty easy crockpot gumbo recipe that I'll add to this discussion board at some point.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Paula said:
Definitely add the fish taco recipe. Haven't tried them yet, but I had lunch with a friend who had them at Hurricanes in Seaside and they looked fantastic (and she said they tasted fantastic). I have a pretty easy crockpot gumbo recipe that I'll add to this discussion board at some point.
Here it is:

Fish Tacos

1-2 pounds of white fish (such as tilapia, grouper, etc.)
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 lime, juiced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 large pinch of dry wasabe
10-15 slices of preserved jalapenos, chopped
1 tablespoon of liquid from jalapenos
1 poblano pepper, finely chopped
1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
Soft tortillas

Marinate fish for at least one hour in olive oil, lime juice, garlic, garlic salt, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika, wasabe powder, jalapenos, jalapeno juice, and poblanos.

Saut? onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add fish, and cook until done. While cooking, put the soft tacos in the microwave until warm.

Serve with Hot Pepper Cole Slaw.

Hot Pepper Cole Slaw

1/2 bag of pre-shredded cole slaw mix
4 tablespoons of Hellman?s light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon paprika
10-15 slices of pickled jalapenos, chopped
3 tablespoons of liquid from jalapenos
1 large pinch of sugar

Mix together the ingredients above.

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
phdphay said:
Here it is:

Fish Tacos

1-2 pounds of white fish (such as tilapia, grouper, etc.)
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 lime, juiced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon paprika
10-15 slices of preserved jalapenos, chopped
1 tablespoon of liquid from jalapenos
1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
Soft tortillas

Marinate fish for at least one hour in olive oil, lime juice, garlic, garlic salt, garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika, wasabe powder, jalapenos, jalapeno juice, and poblanos.

Saut? onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add fish, and cook until done. While cooking, put the soft tacos in the microwave until warm.

Serve with Hot Pepper Cole Slaw.

Hot Pepper Cole Slaw

1/2 bag of pre-shredded cole slaw mix
4 tablespoons of Hellman?s light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon paprika
10-15 slices of pickled jalapenos, chopped
3 tablespoons of liquid from jalapenos
1 large pinch of sugar

Mix together the ingredients above.

thanks, PhdPhay. Can't wait to try these. Probably won't be next week when we're there because the girls don't like fish. But will make them soon for sure -- I hear these fish tacos are quite wonderful and popular right now.

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Paula said:
thanks, PhdPhay. Can't wait to try these. Probably won't be next week when we're there because the girls don't like fish. But will make them soon for sure -- I hear these fish tacos are quite wonderful and popular right now.
Disclaimer: my daughter made up these recipes off the top of her head. She doesn't measure ingredients and follow recipes, but likes to be creative and go simply by taste. Unfortunately, most people (myself included) don't have this gift. I guessed the proportions based on her verbal description, so you might have to modify the recipes a bit. For example, it seems like a bit too much salt and paprika in the taco marinade. Also, add the mayo to the coleslaw a little at a time - you might need more or less, depending on your personal taste.