• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

groveral

Beach Lover
Jul 11, 2005
birmingham
Just found out about this site last night---would have saved me mucho stress during Ivan. To those of you lucky enough to live fulltime at the Beach, please know that those of us who are away appreciate your taking the time to give us precious information!

Anyone driven in to Grove By the Sea---any info greatly appreciated!

Passatfish

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Is it true that the Fl National Guard is not letting people (residents/tourists) access to the shore.condos/houses? Someone I spoke with stated that no one is allowed access to the beach area at least until this Friday.

True or not?

cassie

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2004
Saint Louie/Grayton
Rita said:
Kurt wrote: "Smiling Joe says to all the people that asked him to check on their places you are OK. He is still without power."

Thank You Smiling Joe! If we are ever able to return a favor to you, we will. :D Same to Kurt & the rest.

More than likely we will just pass on the "civic duty thingy" by doing something helpful for someone else who needs it.

I second that! Thanks Joe and Kurt! Hopefully he gets his power back soon. :D

cassie

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2004
Saint Louie/Grayton
Does anyone know if Grayton Lake Place lost power? No biggie, I just noticed a couple people on here with houses in that area.

Thanks for any info!

ameness

Beach Comber
Mar 15, 2005
home
"Here here! With each storm, I wonder how the news media can continue to miss the fact that that section of the Florida panhandle is a tourist destination, with each neighborhood having name recognition (and evoking countless memories) across the country! Hello... can we say 'Seaside'?"

Like many, the 30-A area and Dune Allen Beach has been an annual destination for my family for 30+ years. It may be selfish, but I am glad to keep it out of the media so beaches remain clean and quiet. It would be a shame to have 30-A transformed to a Destin-like beach with one high rise condo after another. I've watched as Destin changed from a quiet fishing village to what it is today. In the past 5-6 years Navarre has become well on it's way to the same fate. I pray that 30-A remains unchanged.

soozie58

Beach Lover
May 28, 2005
Atlanta
Has Anyone Heard Anything About Seacrest Beach(the One With The Big Lifegueard Chair) Most Specifically "happy Hour" On Beach Bike Way???/ Thanks For Any Info!!!

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
Hollyhood
I heard the big white pavillion at Seaside took a tumble....fact or fiction?

lysard

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Hello everyone, I've only just managed to find this forum, apologies for getting in touch so late (inherited many years ago -- small land plot about 1/2 mile in from Santa Rosa Beach I think) but never had the money/time to visit. Just hoping I've been keeping it safe for the flora and fauna there, caring from a distance. Thank you for all this information and especially great photographs. How do local people feel about the developers' plans for that area? I'm under pressure now and needing input.

Maybe if I can't make it out there, if ever you're visiting Ireland, you could come visit me instead! I think the hurricanes have thrown some of your hot weather our way this past two days! Apologies if I haven't posted correctly either or you never hear from me again; I'm not used to this kind of communication and I'm very absent-minded. :) Lysard

Status
Not open for further replies.