• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NaturewalkatSeagrove

Beach Comber
Mar 19, 2020
Santa Rosa Beach FL 32459
Office of Governor Ron DeSantis
State of Florida
The Capitol
400 S. Monroe St.
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Honorable Governor Ron DeSantis,

Good day sir! I have lived here in Florida for five years and greatly appreciate your leadership as our Governor and pray you're able to take the helm as President of these United States.

I want to invite you and your family to join me and my wife for dinner and a stroll along our beautiful Florida beaches in south Walton County. The land grab of Elitism has burdened Florida’s Beaches/The Emerald Coast with security guards and warning/boundary signs alike. The peace and tranquility that was once an open paradise for all to enjoy has become a battle ground.

Before spring break further unravels the present uneasiness and standoffs, I believe your personal visit will do much to reach all Floridians and all Americans who vacation and enjoy the beach. Your ongoing concern for her people and willingness to make changes for all her citizenry has made Florida great.

Florida's economy has flourished under your leadership with 137 million visitors annually, a 102 billion Economy, 1.7 million jobs from tourism representing 10% of its workforce and 14.1 thousand jobs created in a recent single month from Leisure & Hospitality alone.

"Florida the freest of these United States" needs to stand for all her citizenry and resources. Help us in keeping Florida beaches free and restoring Customary Use to each grain of sand on Florida's beaches so everyone can enjoy a day on the beautiful beaches of Florida.

Hope you will join us soon.

p.s. My wife is a great cook.

Thanks,
John Dillard CPA

Attachments

• Save Our Beaches.jpg
    Save Our Beaches.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 7

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
No mention of insurance rates tripling under his “leadership?”
For many this is a more pressing issue than beaches as the skyrocketing rates are forcing lower income Floridians to abandon coverage all together or relocate out of state.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
No mention of insurance rates tripling under his “leadership?”
For many this is a more pressing issue than beaches as the skyrocketing rates are forcing lower income Floridians to abandon coverage all together or relocate out of state.
John has taken action for something he is concerned about. Let's see your letter.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
John has taken action for something he is concerned about. Let's see your letter.
While I appreciate his efforts do you actually believe the Governor will read much less visit and take action because of an open letter, even if filled with fawning praise of his leadership skills, when this has already been dragged through the courts?

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
While I appreciate his efforts do you actually believe the Governor will read much less visit and take action because of an open letter, even if filled with fawning praise of his leadership skills, when this has already been dragged through the courts?
Me and I'm sure many others in our community would appreciate you and Matt not jumping on every poster and subject you don't agree with. Constant criticism is not helpful. Show how you are part of the solution instead of never-ending pointing out problems.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
Me and I'm sure many others in our community would appreciate you and Matt not jumping on every poster and subject you don't agree with. Constant criticism is not helpful. Show how you are part of the solution instead of never-ending pointing out problems.
I didn’t “jump on the poster” and part of the solution is to stop voting for those who cause many of the problems complained about and to this I am part of the solution.
An open letter is used to start a conversation and that is what has occurred.

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007

How do you see this letter as a solution? What is the governor going to do?