• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
This is looking at our townhouse from the beach in Seacrest. Click on picture to enlarge

Last edited:

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
View from the east standing on what remains of our beach walkover. These pictures were made by Ronny Shiver who was kind enough to board up our building. The grayish blue building is Mistral. Click on picture to enlarge.

Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Before and After at Blue Mtn Bch

P2180026.JPG

Before (Feb 18, 2005)

P7100142.JPG

After (July 11, 2005) The cliff is a few feet closer inland, so the angle is a little off.
These are at the public entrance at Hwy 83, Blue Mtn Beach, looking west.

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
View from the west. Click on picture to enlarge. There are more pictures posted in the Members Photo Gallery.

Last edited:

beach family

Beach Crab
Jul 11, 2005
Smiling JOe,

Thanks for all your pictures and information. Do you have any more pictures of Blue Mountain Beach, to the west of the public beach access? I heard that there was significant dune erosion. We heard that our place at the Blue Mountain Villa Townhomes had a lot of erosion. Did you see this area? How screwed are we? :eek:

sarawind

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
30A
On the beach in Seacrest looking west. Click on my pictures to enlarge them.

kareshack

Beach Comber
Jul 10, 2005
Roswell, Georgia
Smiling Joe- you deserve an award for being a great dude. You have set many minds at ease with all of your posts. As a renter I know a little of what to expect and as a homeowner I am sure the help is enormous. I miss that kind of helpfulness here at home but I am excited to get to visit it soon. Looking forward to your wonderful beaches and interested how we will get to them. Where there is a will there is a way!!

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
beach family said:
Smiling JOe,

Thanks for all your pictures and information. Do you have any more pictures of Blue Mountain Beach, to the west of the public beach access? I heard that there was significant dune erosion. We heard that our place at the Blue Mountain Villa Townhomes had a lot of erosion. Did you see this area? How screwed are we? :eek:
I could not get onto the beach there, so no more photos for you. Unfortunately, extensive damage exists in that area for Gulf front homes. I hope yours is okay.

SGB

Beach Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
South Walton
Old Seagrove & Mack Bayou areas

We checked on our house on Hickory Street in Old Seagrove today. We are the third house back from the beach and our house had absolutely no damage. Power was on. We saw no damage on any homes in the area other than those directly on the gulf. As others have said, it really doesn't look half as bad as when Ivan hit. For instance, the ground isn't completely covered with leaves leaving bare trees. The homes in old Seagrove that aren't on the beach look great.

Gulf front homes in some areas are really in bad shape. The Gulf front homes near Hickory all seem to be ok, but the dunes have been hit hard and the homes are much closer to the edge than they used to be. Someone asked about the big house on the beach at the end of Hickory (Doodle's house) - it appears fine, but is much closer to the edge than it was and there is a large vertical drop down.

Our home is located on the mouth of Mack Bayou and it did well. The water didn't come over our seawall this time, like it did with Ivan. We estimate that the bay rose about 2 feet less than it did with Ivan. We have power and water. The house is fine, but our pool screen house collapsed. We think it was weakened with Ivan. Other houses in the area seem to be in great shape. Some of our neighbors have power, others don't. Again, there really is a lot less debris on the ground and since we don't have our neighbors' docks in our backyard this time, there will be less cleanup.

Publix in Sandestin is open and is busy.

Let me know if you would like me to check on specific houses in either of these areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.